The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   Hunt Seat Show Question (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/hunt-seat-show-question-48156/)

JaiPai 02-17-2010 12:30 PM

Hunt Seat Show Question

So I'm thinking ahead to show season. I go to some open breed shows with a friend and ride his Arab western pleasure horse. I'd like to take my own horse along this year for some hunt seat classes. He's a TB dressage horse and I thought it would just be a fun change of pace for us. I'm trying to figure out what classes we would be eligible to enter and there are a couple that I'm just not sure what they are. Can anyone explain what would be required in open english road hack horse-saddle seat or hunt seat? Also bridle path hack horse-hunt seat?

Thanks!

Void 02-17-2010 01:19 PM

First off Saddleseat would be for a gaited horse like a Saddlebred, NSH etc.

Road Hack is judged at the walk, trot, canter, hand gallop. You usually ride with a light contact and its judged mainly on performance but also on conformation, and manners.

The fact the class is Open means that you'll be competing against Juniors, Adult Amateurs and Trainers. As well as possible Green Horses and old campaigners.

Ariat164 03-13-2010 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Void (Post 555868)
First off Saddleseat would be for a gaited horse like a Saddlebred, NSH etc.

Road Hack is judged at the walk, trot, canter, hand gallop. You usually ride with a light contact and its judged mainly on performance but also on conformation, and manners.

The fact the class is Open means that you'll be competing against Juniors, Adult Amateurs and Trainers. As well as possible Green Horses and old campaigners.

sorry just had to say this but NSH's are not gaited, or at least i have never seen one gaited (i show the arab circut and there are tons of them there) lmao, and also, i have 2 and niether one of them are gaited.

Carleen 03-13-2010 02:46 PM

I used to have a TB I used for dressage and we always went to little hack shows for fun. We entered English Pleasure, English Equitation, Road Hack, HUS and usually Ride-a-5er if that was an option. Funny thing was, we almost always won everything... so we probably should have just stuck with that lol. They're really fun shows, I definitely suggest going to them to switch things up!