The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   Lessons :) (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/lessons-48190/)

juju 02-17-2010 07:24 PM

Lessons :)

Today, I had another lesson with the dressage trainer at our barn. I have had like maybe only 20 lessons with her, not many! I absolutely LOVE her! Most of the girls are very hunter/jumper at our barn but she so awesome! I have always listened in to her lessons because I learn so much just from hearing her talk.
Anyways, I had a lesson today and I just felt like it went sooo well! I had a thread in the critique section a week or so ago. It talked about everything thats happened in the last few months, so it was so nice to be able to get on and ride through his silliness...and just simply be at the barn :-)
We started out just asking him to go straight and really work on keeping me straight. We also did a lot of shoulder fores, especially to the right since hes SOOO tight that way. We worked on me keeping my hands still - not nagging, just ask once and trust him to do it. It was kinda cool to hear that because I was just reading the same thing in an old magazine.
Since I am the one who takes all the photos at my barn, one of the women offered to take pictures of me....I'll post one but lets say im a gaint blur! :shock:
I have one video at the very end of us stretching out. I just wanted to see what you guys though. I know my leg is all over the place - I haven't been able to ride consistently/at all the past few months so im working on working out.
Will this link work?
DSCN4319.flv video by tvknoop - Photobucket

juju 02-17-2010 07:27 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Oh my goodness it does! I feel so acomplished right now!
Here are some of the photos - I can definatly see my faults in them, and you can get an idea of some of the stuff we were doing.

xoSonnyLove1234 02-17-2010 08:08 PM

You two look really great together! The only thing i noticed is that your horses head goes up and down alot. Not drastically. Good job :)

SydLovesJackers 02-17-2010 08:31 PM

Looks good :D!