The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Need Information!!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/need-information-48267/)

wannahorse22 02-18-2010 06:49 PM

Need Information!!!!

Hey Guys!
I really like this horse that i found on www.equine.com I am not really familiar with his breed though,he is a Danish Warmblood...So here are some questions....
  • Do warmbloods have a generally laid back personality?
  • What are the charactheristics(sp) of a Danish Warmblood?
  • Are they "easy keepers"?
  • Are they a good first horse?
If you guys replying want to view the ad just ask and i will post it:)

ak_showgirl 02-19-2010 01:30 AM

can you post his add?

speedy da fish 02-19-2010 07:20 AM

can we find out more about him?, can you post the add?

ilovestitch 02-19-2010 08:33 AM

Yea, give the URL for the specific add, not just equine.com

wannahorse22 02-19-2010 03:57 PM

ok here it is...A-Circuit Childrens/Adult Hunter Proven 3'-3'3" | Buy this Horse at Equine.com

Sorry it took so long!

luvmyperch 02-19-2010 04:13 PM

Um, have you asked what their asking price is? He is going to be really expensive...

Speed Racer 02-19-2010 04:53 PM

Imported, champion Danish Warmblood. At the VERY least he's going to run anywhere from $25,000 to $50,000.

Don't let the $1 on the ad fool you; it's just to get people to look at him. He's going to be sold at what's called 'private treaty' which means very, very expensive.

Besides, I thought you had a riding instructor. You need to be talking to THEM about what type of horse would best suit you, not mooning over random animals in on-line classifieds.

For someone who's supposedly been riding awhile, you don't seem to know a heck of a lot about horses or how to care for them.

Since that appears to be the case, you need to be looking at dead broke, older packers. Certainly not a high end show horse.

luvmyperch 02-19-2010 04:56 PM

Wannahorse, if this is the type of horse you are looking to purchase, you cannot just stick it in your backyard and learn how to take care of him as you go. That is not a backyard beginner's horse. I strongly advise you actually hire your instructor to help you find a horse if you're insistant on buying one.

wannahorse22 02-19-2010 06:19 PM

O dont worry guys! I am going to get my instructors help..i was just looking around, thought i might as well find some info. on the breed. That was interesting to learn the whole "private Treaty" thing, i never knew that!

wannahorse22 02-19-2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 557743)
Imported, champion Danish Warmblood. At the VERY least he's going to run anywhere from $25,000 to $50,000.

Don't let the $1 on the ad fool you; it's just to get people to look at him. He's going to be sold at what's called 'private treaty' which means very, very expensive.

Besides, I thought you had a riding instructor. You need to be talking to THEM about what type of horse would best suit you, not mooning over random animals in on-line classifieds.

For someone who's supposedly been riding awhile, you don't seem to know a heck of a lot about horses or how to care for them.

Since that appears to be the case, you need to be looking at dead broke, older packers. Certainly not a high end show horse.

You dont need to be so rude about everything....If you dont like me that much,just dont reply on my threads please