The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Memorials (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/)
-   -   Rest in Peace - all nine of ya'll. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/rest-peace-all-nine-yall-48368/)

Slone 02-20-2010 04:16 AM

Rest in Peace - all nine of ya'll.

On one of the last nights of December 2009, my trainer's barn caught fire. Seven horses were on the property, and all seven were lost. They tried to save them, and when the barn owner finally opened the door, they were already gone.

We hope the smoke killed them before the flames got to them. Even though all that's left is the burnt earth, I could tell you exactly where each of them stayed. Laina was the mare I rode and showed for a while. Very sweet mare. Roscoe was my trainer's champion halter horse.

We also lost two of our barn cats. Pain was our pretty little yellow cat. He had blue eyes and was missing half of his tail. We called him Pain because once you pet him, he wouldn't let you stop. One-Eye was a pretty calico. We always called her One-Eye because no one could ever remember her real name. They were both great little cats.

Rest in peace, Laina, Roscoe, Yella Filly, Dixie, Que, Skip, Little Red, One-Eye and Pain. We loved ya'll very much.

Best wishes to Judy Johnson, Tex Johnson, and Mr. and Mrs. Woods.

ChingazMyBoy 02-20-2010 04:43 AM

I'm so very sorry for your barn owner and the boarders losses. My thought are with them all.

speedy da fish 02-21-2010 09:48 AM

RIP to you 9, thoughts are with the owner.

DutchHorse 03-28-2010 11:02 AM

O my gosh... how terrible! My thoughts are with them.

Rest in peace

Sunny 03-28-2010 08:50 PM

My thoughts and good wishes to the animals and everyone who loved them. <3
Posted via Mobile Device

PumpkinzMyBaby22 03-29-2010 10:03 PM

RIP to those 9. my thoughts are with you all involved.

travlingypsy 03-29-2010 10:04 PM

Oh thats so sad and scary.

Kinda on a side note. Can you put sprinkler systems in barns?

equiniphile 03-29-2010 10:10 PM

That's terrible....rest in peace :(. did they have insurance?