The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Wintec 2000 Pro Dressage Saddle - Thoughts? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/wintec-2000-pro-dressage-saddle-thoughts-48369/)

ChingazMyBoy 02-20-2010 05:37 AM

Wintec 2000 Pro Dressage Saddle - Thoughts?

Heyy,

So at the moment I have an All Purpose saddle for Chinga and I am planning on getting a dressage saddle. So I was wondering what you guys thought of a few saddle.

One I am looking at is the Wintec 2000 Pro Dressage Saddle, what are everyones thoughts on this saddle and what would a good price for it be?

Mercedes 02-20-2010 10:50 AM

Does the saddle fit your horse?

Does the saddle fit you?

MIEventer 02-20-2010 11:25 AM

Wintecs are great all round saddles. When I owned my Wintec 500 A/P I enjoyed it, rode in it for 3+ years. They hold up well, I evented in mine in the pouring rain, in the hot bearing sun - all I had to do was run a towel over it and voila.

Down side, hard and stiff. During the winter months, the synthetic would stiffen up, not fun. And - the BIG down side -

If your horse has any shape to his back, and being a TB I am going to imagine that yes your TB does - do not get this saddle. Reason being, Wintec Tree's run very strait.

So the stirrup bars will put pressure on your horses shoulders, and the back of the saddle (where the cantle is) will put pressure on your horses back, where the middle of the saddle, wont make contact with your horses back - and therefore bridge.

If your horse has quite a flat back, no arch to it at all - then look into a Wintec, because the straitness of the tree will rest flat and evenly over your horses back *ensure fit through a professional saddle fitter*

If you have a TB, I say - don't get one. Look for a saddle that has a nice shape to its' tree.

ChingazMyBoy 02-20-2010 06:21 PM

Thanks guys! *Crosses off list*