The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   First Interschools Show!!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/first-interschools-show-48400/)

LoveStory10 02-20-2010 01:57 PM

First Interschools Show!!!!

Ok, so today was our first interschool show, and as you know, me and Love Story jumped 70cm. We took part in the 2 - Phase, and the Competition(sp).

In the Phase, Love was completly phsyd up, taking off to soon and FLYING over the jumps. She overjumped really bad over a few, and I almost fell off :-(. We got eliminated for circling, but I didnt mind, I had to circle or else she wouldve hit the fence!! I burst into tears afterwards :oops::oops::oops:, I think cause of nerves, and Love overjumping... and also due to the fact she wouldnt canter lol!!! So I was really nervous for the competition, but my instructer sat me down for a chat, and I calmed down alot :D.

She was 1200000000% better in the class. She overjumped once, but I asked her to cause we messed up striding so she had to stretch, and the funny thing was that that oxer was a trickey one, that alot of horses spooked at, but Love was like "oh, a jump.... ok" lol :lol:. She still wouldnt canter so round the whole course all you heard was; " HUP Love, please canter!!!" and a whole bunch of clicking lol. We didnt get through to the jump off, cause we got twelve faults, 2 knocks and a turnout... but I am SO proud of my girlie!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Lol sorry bout the long speech, but I just wanted to share my news!! Cookies if you read all that.... what do you think?

Dartanion 02-20-2010 02:44 PM

First off GREAT job staying on!! :D I'm sorry she was so hyped up, I had a lot of days like that with my old mare. I swear she would gallope the course! oie! :-x. You are right that you were probably just nervous being your first show 'today' and all. Once you get back into the feel of things you won't be so nervous. I know my bf is going to make fun of me because I am going to be nervous on the 28th before showmanship even though I've done about 3,000 patterns! LOL:lol: Over all I say good job for not giving up and riding through!

CecilliaB 02-20-2010 08:41 PM

I'm so glad you have a wonderful trainer who could ease you after your class.

Good for you for pushing ahead and making the next class better! Practice makes perfect, you will get there with such a great attitude :)

LoveStory10 02-21-2010 04:38 AM

Pictures!!!!!!

4 Attachment(s)
Here are a few photos from the second class.... I KNOW my heels are disgusting and so is my release, I was really nervous!!! What do you think of Love?

Attachment 25623

Attachment 25624

Attachment 25625

Attachment 25627

Maire995 02-21-2010 06:51 AM

Well Done
no, no your position is very good over the last two!
Omg i hate when they over jump it gets me all nervous coming up to the jump:L lolxx

LoveStory10 02-21-2010 07:29 AM

Thank you ^^^ :-)

LoveStory10 02-21-2010 07:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was really stressing cause in the first class she over jumped EVERY oxer, and in the second class there was a wide oxer that alot of people had falls at, and she was being really lazy and stubborn and wouldnt canter, so I had to trot her round the course. And I see this oxer coming up, so I really squeeze and kick, and she kinda moves into a half canter half trot thingy lol. I could tell our striding was going to be off, so I gave her a big kick and yelled "hup" to get her over it, and she took it beautifully!!!!

Look, proof!!!! LOL (just look reeeaaalllyyy close):
Attachment 25639

LoveStory10 02-21-2010 08:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lol sorry for posting so much stuff..... But I just wanna show you guys how much she overjumped another oxer in the second class, I was totally unprepared, look at how far back my legs are!!!!

Attachment 25649