The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   State Dressage Squad (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/state-dressage-squad-48545/)

Kayty 02-22-2010 12:51 AM

State Dressage Squad

Well, I'm a little in shock, thrilled and also pretty bloody upset!!

I got a letter in the post today from the equestrian federation of australia.

For years I have been working so hard to get into the state squad. Years and years of working so incredibly hard, riding everything i can, intense lunge lessons etc, absorbing information from every port of call possible.

And finally, after so much hard work, I have been given a place on the YR state dressage squad for 2010!!!!!!!!!! Even my coach didn't get on the squad this year!

I am absolutely stoked, thrilled, ecstatic!!!!

Being on the squad gives me access to international squad coaches, judging clinics etc. it is a huge honour to be selected and we have some very talented and very wealthy young riders in the state that I have been chosen ahead of. Me, short stumpy little kayty who has worked her butt off, never had a pricey, well bred and stunning moving her, never had mummy and daddy hold my hand through everything.. got placed on the state dressage squad!!!!

We have a problem though. I currently do not have a horse, and anything that has been offered to me is no where near up to the ability to being competing elementary/medium at state level this year. SHOOT!!!!! I can't believe it, after so long and so much work i finally get in, and now I may have to reject my position. I feel like crawling under a rock and crying right about now. :-(

Gidji 02-22-2010 01:17 AM

Thats great. My friend is aiming for that :) Contact the studs, and ask if you they have any suitable horses and in return you'll promote them or work for them. Or you may be lucky enough to find a nice owner.

Kayty 02-22-2010 01:53 AM

Good luck to your friend :D It's a hard road thats for sure, I still can't believe I'm in. I've never considered myself as a rider up to the standard of competition that some of the others are at, I look at other YR's and think I'll never be that good, and then I get chosen ahead of them for the squad, I'm so stoked!!!

Will certainly be doing a ring around to a few studs and trainers around the place to find something. It's hard though I can't work for anyone much as I'm at uni full time and have another job, as well as my art business. It would give them credibility though having a horse on the state squad and access to international trainers.

Gidji 02-22-2010 06:24 AM

I can think of a few warmblood studs who may be willing to help you out. I'll PM you their numbers when I get a chance.

Kayty 02-22-2010 04:50 PM

Thanks Gidji that'd be great, I'm in SA though so they'd need to be willing to send a horse over here!

eventerdrew 02-22-2010 04:57 PM

If you ask around, there may be a nice owner who wants their talented horse to get more experience and something like that would certianly look good on a horse's resume!