The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Goodbye (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/goodbye-48579/)

Golden Horse 02-22-2010 02:56 PM

Goodbye

Well everyone else starts with Hello, so I thought I'd be different.

Thought I best say hi, while I'm here, so errrr Hi.

I'm a grown up, nearly reaching my best before date and a nervous re rider getting back into things. Brought up in the UK rode english for many many years, then got bitten by the western bug, so started riding western. Had to get used to getting laughed at while I rode my little 15 hh QH around the place, the rest of the area were all 16 - 17 hh hunters etc, we stood out a little.

We moved to Canada 5 years ago, and are trying to make a living farming in the middle of Saskatchewan here, always hard when you can't even see your land for 6 months of the year due to snow.

As you can see by my barn I have collected a few horses in the last 5 years here, and I'm gradually getting into riding the broke ones, breaking the unbroke, and learning to drive.

What else, Oh we're bucking the trend by getting into breeding while everyone else is getting out, we have 2 haflinger mares due to foal this year.

That will do for now, looking forward to getting to know everyone, if you want to know anything ask, and I apologize up front and in advance for a few things

1) I have a wierd sense of humor
2) My spelling veers between Canadian/UK Unglish and US English without any prior warning
3) to add to number 2, I also have a mild form of dyslexia, and despite proof reading sometimes things escape me,

ShutUpJoe 02-22-2010 07:38 PM

That's a pretty horse in your sig : ) I'd just thought I'd say Bye too. : )

MIEventer 02-22-2010 07:42 PM

Great to meet you! I am Canadian, from British Columbia myself :) Saskatchewan is a wonderful place, most of my family is from there :)

Cannot wait to get to know you more :) Welcome!

PaintsPwn 02-22-2010 07:49 PM

Goodbye!!! Nice to meet you, hope to see you soon!!!

Golden Horse 02-22-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutUpJoe (Post 560778)
That's a pretty horse in your sig : ) I'd just thought I'd say Bye too. : )

:lol: Handsome is what he is, that's Alto my stallion, who wears a bright pink saddle blanket and is bullied by his mares, so we try and use manly words to make him feel better.

speedy da fish 02-23-2010 01:51 PM

hello im from the UK and have been to Canada- a beautiful, big country, i am very jelous. welcome to HF

My2Geldings 02-23-2010 04:03 PM

Hey! Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy visiting the forum. Looking forwards to hearing about your horse adventures and definitely hope to see pics of those foals :wink:

Welcome to the forum!

Cat 03-03-2010 02:40 AM

Alto & Fancy both want to come visit us here in KY. ;)

sheawhittet 03-11-2010 11:36 PM

Goodbye all the way from Oklahoma!!!

Golden Horse 03-12-2010 11:51 AM

Well Cat I asked the guys and they said seeing as spring seems to be coming, they'll just tough it out here for a while longer:lol: