The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Jeans in Western Pleasure ??? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/jeans-western-pleasure-48586/)

Ridehorses99 02-22-2010 03:28 PM

Jeans in Western Pleasure ???

I am seeing more and more ladies wearing blue jeans under their chaps in Breed Shows / World Championships. Is anybody else seeing this? What are your thoughts? It seems a little odd to see someone wearing this gorgeous show shirt or jacket that cost thousands along with their jeans.

BritishReiner 02-22-2010 05:32 PM

I haven't noticed it.

I don't know, I guess jeans are the traditional cowboy/girl pants.

eventerwannabe 02-22-2010 05:37 PM

I only have shown open level at western, but I just show in blue jeans. I perfer my skinny jeans (that arent skin tight), but I love my Wranglers too. ;]

GottaRide 02-23-2010 09:22 AM

I doubt you will see jeans under chaps at the World-level shows. I do see some jeans under chaps at weekend breed shows. Nothing wrong with it - it's still appropriate attire according to the rule book. But at the biggers shows people will dress in their best.

Ridehorses99 02-23-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GottaRide (Post 561265)
I doubt you will see jeans under chaps at the World-level shows. I do see some jeans under chaps at weekend breed shows. Nothing wrong with it - it's still appropriate attire according to the rule book. But at the biggers shows people will dress in their best.

Where I first noticed this was at the APHA World Show in Ft. Worth this past November. It was in every Western Pleasure class I watched, including the finals. There were several in Trail also in jeans. After the APHA Worlds, I saw it at the Ft. Worth Stock Show in the APHA and AQHA classes. I don't ever remember seeing it in the past, but I can't say I was looking for it.

paintsrule 02-23-2010 05:29 PM

What else would you wear besides jeans? just curious.

chika1235 02-23-2010 06:44 PM

i dont know about western pleasure but in the gaited classes everyone wears jeans around here. i think its just fine.

smrobs 02-23-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paintsrule (Post 561672)
What else would you wear besides jeans? just curious.

That's kinda what I am wondering. I can understand not wearing blue jeans but I would imagine that most people wear jeans that are color coordinated to the rest of the outfit. Though I may be wrong. What exactly do you wear?

paintsrule 02-23-2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smrobs (Post 562008)
That's kinda what I am wondering. I can understand not wearing blue jeans but I would imagine that most people wear jeans that are color coordinated to the rest of the outfit. Though I may be wrong. What exactly do you wear?

Thats what Im thinking. Maybe they mean...nude? :oops: Lets hope those chaps dont come off easy.

smrobs 02-23-2010 10:59 PM

OMG, I just had that scene from Son In Law with Pauly Shore, where he walks back into the dressing room and his butt is hanging out. LOL. Sorry off topic but I just had to share my random thought.