The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Movies, Music, and TV (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/)
-   -   Glee (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/glee-48738/)

My2Geldings 02-24-2010 08:43 AM

Glee

I was just shown the video online of Glee "Defying Gravity", and I was floored. I have yet to watch an episode but it seems like a good show, or at least that particular one was amazing.

Anyone watch the show?

Wallaby 02-24-2010 10:24 AM

I love Glee! I wish I could sing and dance that well!

My dad does too.....which is a little weird, imo, but whatevs. I think it takes him back to when he was the star of various singing groups, like forty years ago, which is kinda cute.

My2Geldings 02-24-2010 10:29 AM

Oh thats awesome! What is the show about? I'm curious about it and thinking of giving it a go.

Wallaby 02-24-2010 10:44 AM

You should definitely give it a try. It's kinda silly at times but whoever is writing it does a GREAT job putting enough teen stuff in there to keep teens/preteens interested and enough adult stuff to keep the adults interested, imo.

Basically, it's about this school club, Glee Club, that is (to be cliche) beating the odds and being amazing. Haha There's also a few underlying plots that keep things interesting. I'm horrible at explaining things in a way that makes them sound good so I'll just leave the real explaining to someone who explains better. :lol:

ridingismylife2 02-24-2010 12:55 PM

I LOVE Glee! :D
I can't wait for the next half of the season!

Alwaysbehind 02-24-2010 03:15 PM

The story line is very .... silly.
The show is fun though. Lots of music and such. If you like musical type productions it is well worth watching.

farmpony84 02-24-2010 03:48 PM

It's a little corny but it's a really cute show. I watch it.

EquestrianHollywood 02-24-2010 03:58 PM

I love that show!! I think its actually a good view of high school from the 'dorks' point of view. Its great.

Draftgirl17 02-25-2010 10:17 PM

I think its all based on like "show tunes" type of stuff. Like a "specialized" musical thespian thing. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. It has now been adopoted as the Thespian Conference theme. : ] My friend is absolutely in love with this show. She watches it all the time. Great references to shows andi hear that the girl who plays rachel is AMAZING in spring awakening. Great show, cute, silly, funny, and i love Kyle (i think that's the gay kid's name, correct me if i'm wrong its been a while since i've gotten to see an episode!) Greatest show EVER!!!

ridingismylife2 02-26-2010 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draftgirl17 (Post 563820)
and i love Kyle (i think that's the gay kid's name, correct me if i'm wrong its been a while since i've gotten to see an episode!) Greatest show EVER!!!

haha...his name is Kurt. :)