The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Maternity Showmanship Clothes?? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/maternity-showmanship-clothes-48743/)

shesinthebarn 02-24-2010 09:52 AM

Maternity Showmanship Clothes??

Hey! Does anyone know if there is such a thing as maternity show clothes? I'm thinking of showing my gelding in showmanship this summer. I'm pregnant so won't be able to get him ready for anything else but showmanship. I have NO idea what to wear with an expending belly (and butt!) that would look remotely professional. Any ideas? Oh, my horse is a dappled smutty palomino if you have colour ideas too!

PaintsPwn 02-24-2010 08:07 PM

.... I've never seen this before... but I suppose with the lend of a talented friend, or if you can sew, you could come up with something pretty awesome.

Palominos look good in almost everything.

Honeysuga 02-24-2010 09:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have an Idea!!!

You can take this maternity blazer or something like it and maybe add some swarovsky for the bling and wear it! It looks comfy and professional

Attachment 26020

Button Front Bi-stretch Suiting Maternity Jacket | Motherhood Maternity and you could layer a shirt under it that matches your horses colors...

There are pants too

Attachment 26021
Secret Fit Belly(tm) Bi-stretch Suiting Fit And Flare Maternity Pants | Motherhood Maternitythey could make a nice looking showmanship suit... of course it will be a little different, but you are pregnant after all so you will stand out anyway, why not really do it?!

shesinthebarn 02-25-2010 08:35 AM

like that idea - Just get a bedazzler and go crazy! I think the best bet for underneath the jacket would be a slinky as it's stretchy!
I just hope I can find maternity pants long enough to gather at the boot enough to look OK, as I'm super tall. I thought about mint green or light purple for the shirt...

Honeysuga 03-01-2010 12:18 AM

Mint would be very cute. And since you are going to do a contrasting color like mint or purple, you could always add a bedazzled "cuff" to elongate the bottoms of the pants and tie your outfit together...

Dunnincash 04-06-2010 10:35 AM

for myself last year when I was preg. I used yoga pants and like you I have a very long lower body.....Legs to the sky....... I was 6 months so there was no hiding that I was preg and the judges were quite suprised that I was still showing and I even did 2 riding classes(western pleasure and HUS) and it was at the APHA show in Saskatchewan, Canada. For a good mat pant for riding use a pair of mat jeans or if you have the money like I did for it get a pair custom made they actually only cost me 70.00 for get a pair of pants made up and they looked great. hope that helps and have fun showing.....

Zeke 10-28-2010 04:38 AM

Love the idea of blinging up a blazer!!
Posted via Mobile Device