The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Protection (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/)
-   -   OTTB Sponsorships? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/ottb-sponsorships-48755/)

luvmyperch 02-24-2010 01:25 PM

OTTB Sponsorships?

I'd like to find a rescue group where I can do a monthly sponsorship of an OTTB. Does anyone know of any groups that do this? Preferably in the NorthEast, but anywhere in the US would be great.

dantexeventer 02-24-2010 02:32 PM

Check out Canter New England.
CANTER New England
If you call or email them, I bet they'd be thrilled for you to do a monthly sponsorship of a horse at the farm.

luvmyperch 02-24-2010 03:20 PM

Thanks! I actually found just what I was looking for before I had a chance to read your response. Rerun has monthly sponsorships in varying amounts on a few horses. I'm sponsoring Letrado! Sponsorship and Donations I need to avoid these sites. CANTER has so many that I would love to bring home :(

dantexeventer 02-24-2010 04:11 PM

CANTER is soooo dangerous for me. I have them bookmarked right about my tabs in Firefox and I alwaaaays accidentally click the button, end up on the site, and fall in love with something. :) I've seen so many awesome $500 horses, it makes me sad that I don't have a big, empty barn. :/

CecilliaB 02-24-2010 09:56 PM

Oh geez....not another one. I have ben drooling over 3 of the horses on Rerun and just holding myself back from contacting them for more information. My heart sank when I saw one adopted but so happy he found a home.

No you make me click on Canter.

Amba1027 02-24-2010 10:47 PM

I'm going to get myself into trouble with CANTER too. I'm going to be volunteering for them; going to the tracks to take pictures of the horses and get info for the listings...

luvmyperch 02-25-2010 08:04 AM

I emailed about a dozen horses to my fiance yesterday from CANTER's site. But I was just LOOKING!! :)

CecilliaB 02-25-2010 12:11 PM

After seeing places like Rerun, Canter and Helping Hearts I can never buy from a private breeder/broker again. To many beautiful horses out there needing someone to come save them. I almost feel guilty just buying Sonata and now finding out just HOW many need homes, I totally would of come and gotten one of these guys.