The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Memorials (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/)
-   -   R.I.P : you were one in a million (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/r-i-p-you-were-one-48769/)

BritishReiner 02-24-2010 05:11 PM

R.I.P : you were one in a million

:cry:

Even though the time we had together was short, it was unforgettable. Together we shared the best moment of our lives and all the hard work leading up to it. You really were the one in a million mare.

Starletnight:

Starletnight Sagiran had to be put down on the 20th of November 2009. She had been out in a big field with four or five other horses all morning. When the barn owner went to get her she noticed that her hind left leg was cut. She treated it but there was no reason to think any more of it. That afternoon her son went into the barn to give the hay, Starlet was lying down. As he was leaving about half a hour later he heard a *crack*.
Starletnight Sagiran was put down on the 20th of November cause of a broken leg at the innocent age of 2 1/2. We will never know but we suspect that that innocent cut hid a fractured leg and when she tried to get up in her stable she slipped because she couldn't put any weight on it and fell on her already fractured leg.

This photo was taken after a showmanship class at the French Championships.

Together we were:

-French Champions in Showmanship amateur 2009 Equita'Lyon (appaloosa)
-French Champions in Showmanship youth 2009 Equita'Lyon (appaloosa)
-2nd in France in halter youth 2009 Equita'Lyon (appaloosa)
-2nd in France in hunter-in-hand youth 2009 Equita'Lyon (appaloosa)
-2nd in France in produce of Dam 2009 Equita'Lyon (with Marine Angiuli)(appaloosa)
-International year end top-ten finalist in "youth halter mares"

I thank my father for being with her to the very end!

:cry:

ridersaddleup 02-24-2010 06:26 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. It leaves such a big hole in your heart when you lose an animal. I lost my horse suddenly on Feb. 22nd. I still can't believe it, I am sure you feel the same way. I wish you all the best, she was a beautiful horse and very talented and loved by you.

Take care.

BritishReiner 02-24-2010 07:50 PM

Thank you,

I am sorry for your loss.

I still haven't gotten over it.

eventerdrew 02-24-2010 07:53 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

One of the horses I sold 3 years ago who I am still very close to was put down today from colic.

What a hard time it is for our beloved animals.

RIP