The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   charli jumping/flatwork (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/charli-jumping-flatwork-48785/)

charliBum 02-24-2010 08:48 PM

charli jumping/flatwork

The bung pony throwing himself at a jump
he jumped it nice as the first time but ran at it the second, wish id got it the first time :|

so maybe leave the bung pony alone in the jumping just critique me haha. hes coming along nicly with his flat work but still resisting and Im trying to work on him not being so front heavy on the right leg canter ;)

charliBum 02-25-2010 07:46 PM

BUMP
anyone?

EveningShadows 02-25-2010 11:41 PM

I'm not the best at critiquing, especially with such dark videos (no light), but it seems you're getting ahead of him when jumping and you're back in the saddle half way over the jump instead of a stride after landing. Maybe my understanding of jumping is off, but I thought two point was maintained 2 strides before until 2 strides after until you're advanced enough to pop into it RIGHT before. I could be wrong. The flat work is too dark to say much about...need more light.

eventerwannabe 02-26-2010 10:08 PM

Hey,

You two look great, as always; I really like you two as a team.

Well, Charli looks like he is maxing out at about that height, so trying not to push it past that would probably be a good idea. On the flat he seems like he is having a hard time with his headset, but im not the right person to talk to about that. ;]

As for you...

Your heel is popping up missy! Really try to work on that. There are things you can do on the ground to help your heels too (I know some...). Your hands/arms look good over the jump, though you could move them down a little on his neck (though it isnt that big of a deal). Maybe try to roll your shoulders back, as you are hunching over pretty bad. Also, it is hard to tell, but it looks like your knee is over your knee roll (like your knee is going infront of your knee roll). Maybe your saddle fit, maybe your stirrup length, I dunno. "/

Great as always. Take what I say lightly, as I am not nearly as good as you, but that is just my two cents! ;]

charliBum 02-28-2010 01:59 AM

http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/19268/original/bump.jpg

Allison Finch 02-28-2010 03:22 AM

Please consider putting syops on your reins while using a running martingale. If the rings hang on the rein buckles, it is BAD.

The video is a bit too dark to critique. Sorry.

XivoShowjumper 02-28-2010 03:22 AM

i think for the most part you look good..... you go into your jumping position a tad early, maybe a stride out as he's gathering...... wait till he lifts and his neck will become parallel with you on the way up, then get out of the saddle.... you come back into the saddle too early (massive fault of mine too ;) soooo hard to get out of) unless thats the first jump of a 1 stride combination into a vertical, in which case thats pretty good and smooth.

and you tend to get your feet infront of you on the way down, which wrecks your leg position.... try to hold it with your calves moreso than balancing into the stirrups, (it causes more pressure on the horses back)

overall very good considering the last critique i saw of him about 6months ago..... he looks like he's satarting to come into himself a bit :)

good work and goodluck

XivoShowjumper 02-28-2010 03:23 AM

my god allison your eyes must be amazing to see that!!

charliBum 02-28-2010 04:08 PM

you can see when im mounting I think lol. hey thanks me and charli are going quite well. Urghh I almost find it impossible to stay in my possy as I land haha, feels like of weighing down his front legs if I do.

and next time im at the saddlery I will be getting some rubber stops for my reins for sure :) but may be a little while as I dont have a local saddlery