The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Pick 'Em Apart!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/pick-em-apart-48787/)

trIplEcrOwngIrl 02-24-2010 08:45 PM

Pick 'Em Apart!!

10 Attachment(s)
Hola! I am absolutly awful at confo critiques so I figured I should get an unbiased set of eyes to take a look at my ponehs :). I am tough skinned so please pic out every fault, especially in Bell, I want to know whether it is worth showing her. I can get more pics of everybody if needed. Anyone up for it??

Jake(1st)- Okay, I really need help on this one. So, heres the interregation... How tall does he look? Any ideas on breed, I've settled for Quarter ponyxIcelandic. What dicsipline would he do good in? Can you tell his age, I can get teeth pics too. And finally, what about just his confo, is it any good?

Elroy(2nd)- He looks tb right, he has a racing tattoo. Does he have a good racer build? Confo any good on him?

Copper(3rd)- Does he have a jumper bulild? Would he dogood pulling carts? Confo?

Bell(4th)- Good show horse once she trimmes out a bit? What could she do? COnfo anyone?

Misty(5th)- Is she a proper mini? Good confo for a yearling?

THank you,
tcg

BTW- PLEASE do not comment on their weight issues, I know there are problems there and I am working towards solving them. Suggestions are welcome, but please don't tell me about their weight. thanks :D

White Foot 02-24-2010 08:49 PM

None of my critiques will be nice, so I won't. But all I will say is the second horse is EXTREMELY underweight. I hope you've had the vet out or something.

trIplEcrOwngIrl 02-24-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Foot (Post 562832)
None of my critiques will be nice, so I won't. But all I will say is the second horse is EXTREMELY underweight. I hope you've had the vet out or something.

As long as it isn't about weight, I'm open :). And Elroy, 2nd horse, I have had vet and farrier out about and all Ive gotten is" He's too old(35) so it's not worth it." Therefor, I am on my own to figure out what to do aobut his weight.

pepperduck 02-24-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trIplEcrOwngIrl (Post 562837)
As long as it isn't about weight, I'm open :). And Elroy, 2nd horse, I have had vet and farrier out about and all Ive gotten is" He's too old(35) so it's not worth it." Therefor, I am on my own to figure out what to do aobut his weight.

This is a sign that it's time to switch vets.

PaintsPwn 02-24-2010 09:37 PM

I really like your first two miniatures -thief's- ... The black one, I don't really want to start on because they're not good shots and it's just not fair. She doesn't look like anything I'd buy, to be honest.

trIplEcrOwngIrl 02-24-2010 09:43 PM

Pepperduck- Yes, I need to hav ethe vet I normally use out. I am not sure what the normal horse vet has said, that is just what the farrier said.

Pantspwn- Thanks. For some reason I don't have good shots of Misty, hmm... Anyway, she was backyard bred so I didn't excpect much and was given to us, I probalbly wouldn't of bought her altough she is very sweet.

EveningShadows 02-24-2010 10:28 PM

A 30+ year old TB is going to be hard to keep weight on...what kind of grain/suppliment schedule do you have him on? I'm assuming this is in addition to the free choice hay. For the pony and mini's, I know they're in their winter fuzzies, but I'd consider deworming them. Each of them has a saggy hay belly. That first pony, once exercised and muscled up, would look good in a cart.

I also have to ask...why are there sharp looking metal pointy things in your pasture with your yearling?!?!

trIplEcrOwngIrl 02-24-2010 11:19 PM

I have dewormed them since the pics were taken and am trying to convince my dad to put up a fence to keep them off the hay. I will have to ask my gma about grain for my old boy as he is at her house and her friend comes and feeds him. THe sharp things are from when we had just moved them into that area and we picked it up. If I find a cheap cart, it would be so cute to put Jake in it! Is 20 too old? I am just assuming that is his age....

PechosGoldenChance 02-25-2010 08:55 AM

I like the first one. And obviously the second one as you know already is too thin. But once again, could be due to his age which, in turn, makes it harder for him to keep weight on. I don't think I'd be using him for anything other than a pleasure 'pet', if you will lol.

FlyinSoLow 02-25-2010 11:26 AM

The minis are cute... but very much 'pet quality'. Really, really, really not breeding matrial. That being said; there is no reason you cannot have fun showing them but unless they are properly conditioned you really don't stand a chance. The mini/pony show world is just as competetive as anything else.

Cute little buggers though! :D