The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   Lynn Palm Prepares Rugged Painted Lark for WEG (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/lynn-palm-prepares-rugged-painted-lark-48978/)

Jane Savoie 02-27-2010 04:12 PM

Lynn Palm Prepares Rugged Painted Lark for WEG

Who says Quarter Horses can't do dressage? Enjoy this chat with Lynn and I as she prepares for her exhibition at the World Equestrian Games this Fall.

PaintsPwn 02-27-2010 04:48 PM

Rugged Painted Lark is a paint though, not a quarter horse n__n paints for the win.

HalfPass 02-27-2010 05:59 PM

Jane,
This was really nice to see! I just get so much from watching you work with horses and teach riders!
Wishing all the best to Lynn Rugged Painted Lark. Who is beautiful by the way.

Halfpass

Jane Savoie 02-27-2010 06:05 PM

Yes, he's such a doll, too! What an awesome personality!

Mercedes 02-28-2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jane Savoie (Post 565006)
Who says Quarter Horses can't do dressage?

No one.

However, 'doing' and 'excelling' are two different things. It remains a fact that the QH (and Paint) are typically not conformed to excel in dressage.

When the competition dressage ring and the SRS are full of QH's (or Paints) winning in dressage and performing The Airs...then we'll talk.

Until then, I'll enjoy seeing Lynn Palm introduce the western world to the benefits of 'dressage' as a way to improve the western horse in western disciplines.

I would also enjoy seeing Lynn Palm attempt bullfighting on her horse.

~*~anebel~*~ 02-28-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercedes (Post 565657)
No one.

However, 'doing' and 'excelling' are two different things. It remains a fact that the QH (and Paint) are typically not conformed to excel in dressage.

When the competition dressage ring and the SRS are full of QH's (or Paints) winning in dressage and performing The Airs...then we'll talk.

Until then, I'll enjoy seeing Lynn Palm introduce the western world to the benefits of 'dressage' as a way to improve the western horse in western disciplines.

:) Thank you. You took the words from my mouth.

Jane Savoie 03-01-2010 09:32 AM

I agree. But don't you think most people just want to have fun with their horses and aren't trying to make an Olympic team?

Better communication through dressage=better partnership= more fun

Sounds like a win/win for everyone.

HalfPass 03-01-2010 09:43 AM

Hi Jane,
I love your last comment. I too feel that everyone can improve with dressage no mater what breed of horse or dicipline they prefer.
Halfpass

farmpony84 03-01-2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercedes (Post 565657)
No one.

Western and dressage are already so closely related it's not even funny. As for "QH's not excelling" in dressage, who cares? They aren't built for it. Does that mean it's not impressive when one can get out there and pull it off?

I don't believe any one breed of horse is "bigger badder better" then any other breed. They are all bred and built to serve a purpose. When one that was bred for and can excel at one discipline can cross over into another, that's something to be proud of, no matter the breed.

Oh and Rugged Painted Lark has TONS of QH blood in him and the build is the same.

HalfPass 03-01-2010 09:57 AM

I feel if your making improvements with the use of dressage then you are excelling. Doesn't really mater if your trying to get to the top or just improve the communication, seat, etc etc....
Just my thoughts