The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   I dont know what breed she is. Any ideas? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/i-dont-know-what-breed-she-49133/)

ShadowFaxIsMyBaby 03-01-2010 06:40 PM

I dont know what breed she is. Any ideas?

8 Attachment(s)
So I got this mare 3 years ago along with a Quarter Horse. the one came from Ohio and the Quarter Horse from North Dakota. Well the mare that isnt the quarter horse, I have no idea what she is. A lot of people have told me what they think she is but I want to know if anybody has ever seen a horse breed that looks like this. I thought maybe an Andalusian/Arab cross or an unregistered mustang, but I am not sure. Any ideas?

eventerdrew 03-01-2010 06:45 PM

I would guess some kind of draft cross.

ShadowFaxIsMyBaby 03-01-2010 06:47 PM

she's also only 15.2 hh

ilovemyPhillip 03-01-2010 06:47 PM

LOVE THE MARKINGS! No guess from me, sorry.

Indyhorse 03-01-2010 06:56 PM

She looks half arab for sure, but it seems like I read something once about "tea staining/bloodmarks" (similar to the mark on her side) in regards to a certain bloodline, I will have to try to remember where I read that and get back to you. I'm sure it was still within Arabs though.

ShutUpJoe 03-01-2010 09:24 PM

I don't know what she is but she sure is BEAUTIFUL!

Bakkir 03-02-2010 07:46 PM

I would say QH x Arab. The bloody marking is usually in arabs and she has the flat croup. The first few photos look drafty but I think its just the picture and the winter woolies.

ShadowFaxIsMyBaby 03-02-2010 08:05 PM

yeah that might be true I did notice in the one picture that she looked a little Quarter horse. But the thing is I had a quarter horse and when she moves she doesnt seem to have the movements of a QH. And also, OH's are known for having large rumps and Shadow has a quite small one. So I'm hoping that once I get DNA tests done I'll know exactly what she is. haha im still open for other ideas.

Bakkir 03-02-2010 08:33 PM

I see QH up front (head & neck) and Arab behind. She def has an arab bum.

My guy is an arab, I keep saying he's my first horse with no butt - lol! Everyone else were stock breeds.

ShadowFaxIsMyBaby 03-02-2010 08:39 PM

well her neck is much bulkier than a QH my old QH had a smaller neck than Shadow. Thats where I see the Andalucian, plus the way she trots sometimes, it reminds me of an andalucian. And the head, at times it looks Arab, at times it looks Andy, but it never looks Quarter horse to me. I actually thought she was Mustang a bit because of the possible Arab and because of the way she runs.