The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   How To Peel A Potato (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/how-peel-potato-49154/)

RegalCharm 03-01-2010 11:09 PM

How To Peel A Potato

PaintsPwn 03-01-2010 11:39 PM

8O!!!!!!!!! THATS... Amazin!

Jubilee 03-02-2010 12:11 AM

Lol, that really made me smile. And I learned something new! Go figure.

Carleen 03-02-2010 02:00 AM

That's amazing! I'm going to try it out next time I make potatoes.
I feel bad for that actress though, how she has to keep referring to her role in Gilligan's Island, as if she thinks that's the only way to keep people interested or something.

Honeysuga 03-02-2010 03:39 AM

You do the same thing with hardboiled eggs, works the same way...thought that was kind of common knowledge hehehehe. Cute video.

Gidji 03-02-2010 03:57 AM

Haha, I didn't know that. Thats so cool :)

Whispering Meadows 03-02-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carleen (Post 566984)
That's amazing! I'm going to try it out next time I make potatoes.
I feel bad for that actress though, how she has to keep referring to her role in Gilligan's Island, as if she thinks that's the only way to keep people interested or something.

while i love Gilligans Island, I was not watching because she kept referring to her role in the show.....I was watching to find out if the way to peel potatoes would be easier than using a potato peeler lol. I love potatoes but i hate peeling them :) I'll be sure and try that next time haha

NorthernMama 03-02-2010 09:42 PM

Uh... I almost always boil the potatoes with the peeling on, let them cool and then peel, if I feel like it. Half the time, we just eat the peelings.

Have been doing this since I was a kid! This is new?

Carleen 03-03-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whispering Meadows (Post 567232)
while i love Gilligans Island, I was not watching because she kept referring to her role in the show.....I was watching to find out if the way to peel potatoes would be easier than using a potato peeler lol. I love potatoes but i hate peeling them :) I'll be sure and try that next time haha

That's what I mean! It seems like whoever wrote the commercial made her keep saying that to try to keep people interested or something, when really I don't think anyone cares who is teaching us how to peel a potato.

To those who do this: This may sound like a dumb question but, once you take the peel off, do you have to boil the potato some more for it to be fully cooked? I mean, it would be rather cold haha.

NorthernMama 03-03-2010 11:57 PM

Don't dump it in cold water, just stick a fork in it because it's too hot to hold --your literal hot potatoe <g>, and peel it hot with a paring knife. You don't "cut" the peeling off this way, you just lift a small piece and a big piece peels off for you.