The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   plaiting your horses tail.. HOW!!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/plaiting-your-horses-tail-how-4920/)

englishcowgrl 12-26-2007 06:58 PM

plaiting your horses tail.. HOW!!!!

how do you plait your horses tail? i've looked it up on google but i can't find any good instuctions .

appylover31803 12-26-2007 07:37 PM

I saw this on Videojug.

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-plait-a-horses-tail

BluMagic 12-26-2007 07:47 PM

Its very similar to french braiding. :-)

englishcowgrl 12-26-2007 08:39 PM

yes, i seen that to, but i was looking for a print out instructions, so i can take it with me so i can practice! :lol: thanks a million for the reply tho!

jazzyrider 12-27-2007 12:00 AM

do you know how to braid your own hair?? its exactly the same with your horses tail. although there are two ways if doing it depending on the effect you want. if you dont know how to braid your own hair, i can try and do something up for you that explains it. might even take some photos of myself doing it for you. either that or you can see if anyone else you know can do it and maybe they can show you

Vidaloco 12-27-2007 09:45 AM

That is a really good video on the above post. I think a lot of people make the mistake of not holding their hands correctly when doing a french braid. Make sure you hold your hands as close into the tail as you can. If you hold your hands out away from the tail it will be too loose. It takes some practice but I'm sure you will get it. If you can't braid at all you may want to start with a basic 3 strand braid. My grandma taught me with 3 nylon stockings tied to a door knob when I was a little girl. A basic braid is just 3 strands, take the outside into the middle on the left then take the outside into the middle on the right. The french braid is just a basic braid but you add a little hair into it each time you cross to the middle. Make sense?

englishcowgrl 12-27-2007 10:04 AM

i know how to braid my own hair, my little sister go one of thes big barbie heads of hair for christmas, so last night i was practicing my frenchbraid on it since you said it's alot like that. thanks

Vidaloco 12-27-2007 10:08 AM

Great! practice makes perfect. In french braiding you can take a little or a lot of hair from the side into the middle for different affects.

BluMagic 12-27-2007 02:19 PM

I just thought of this! Don't you think a fishtail braid would look wonderful on a horse's tail?! :D

Vidaloco 12-27-2007 06:16 PM

I did a fishtail braid on Vida once. I used to do my own with one but I've gotten lazy and just put it up in a ball on top of my head :wink:
A fishtail is a pretty easy braid to do too, it looks more complicated than it is. Just a 2 stranded braid that you add a little hair into the opposite side as you go down. I need to take some pics when in the tail braiding mood.