The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   I'm sooooo excited!!!!!!!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/im-sooooo-excited-49446/)

DarkEquine 03-06-2010 12:34 AM

I'm sooooo excited!!!!!!!!!

OK...well some of you will know that I've had a bad 12 months when it comes to my health. First, I had impacted and ulcerated wisdom teeth, which had to come out, then I got chronic rhinosinutis and needed to have my sinus's drained surgically, and then the cherry on the cake was when I stacked it at netball and ruptured the ACL ligament in my left knee and tore the three remaining ligaments that connected my femur to my tibia....OUCH! :cry:
So, there hasn't been much in the way of RIDING going on within the last six months or so. Hah.

But...and here's where the excitement starts....I just saw my knee surgeon for my three-month post-op appointment on friday, and I was given OFFICIAL permission to ride horses again!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D
I have missed riding so much it actually makes me cry just thinking about all the good times I have missed in the last few months. I am looking forward to this so much. I NEED this, lol.

I have my first lesson back at the riding school tomorrow afternoon. I'm actually kinda nervous, about how my knee's gonna hold up, if my riding/position's been affected by the injury etc.
I will attempt to take some photos but have no one to give the camera to! haha but will keep you guys posted on how I go!!!

P.S. JustDressageIt and My2Geldings, I know you guys have gone through some major injuries and operations in the past, just wanted your opinions on how this affected you and possible advice on how you guys 'got back in the saddle' pardon the pun. :D

Wish me luck!!!!!

Siobhan

Bek 03-06-2010 01:38 AM

Good luck! Just remember to have fune :D
I recently had four months off riding because of injuries, and I was so excited to get back riding again as well. I tried to do everything I did before the break, and boy were my muscles sore! So maybe just take it easy the first couple of rides.

TwisterRush 03-06-2010 09:40 AM

Good Luck!

I know how excited you must be :D you definitally have to let us know how it goes, and good for you im so glad that you are feeling better and given the okay ! :D

PechosGoldenChance 03-06-2010 12:44 PM

Wow! I'm really excited and happy for you. I hope you have a blast man.

Barry Godden 03-06-2010 01:34 PM

Whatever you do - please don't fall off.

MyBoyPuck 03-07-2010 04:39 PM

As someone who's been there, I am very happy for you. Have fun back in the saddle!

DarkEquine 03-07-2010 05:24 PM

Thank you!! My lesson got rained out :( but I have a new one booked for late in the week, so when I FINALLY get to ride, I'll post how I do on this thread! :)

Cheers guys,

Siobhan

stephanie9557 03-08-2010 04:55 PM

Congrats! I hope your knee holds out for your lessons. I can't stay on a horse for more than twenty minutes without my knees killing me from being in that position.

DarkEquine 03-13-2010 04:44 AM

Well, I had my first lesson back today!!!

I almost cried when I put my chaps on again for the first time in four months. Sad, I know. lol
I so excited I was bouncing up and down on the seat in my car on the way!
The stable cats all remembered me, Marmalade even rolled onto his back for me when I came up to him. Freckle, one of the older school horses even nickered at me, like she'd missed me! Nawww....haha

The lesson went so smoothly, I was actually surprised! I settled into position really well, trotted and cantered around the arena, even managed to collect Morgan up for most of the lesson!
My knee twinged a little bit during my second or third lap around the arena, but afterwards it felt really good, like when you stretch muscles you haven't used in a while. :)
OK, I admit that I wasn't supposed to trot or canter straight away, but it just felt so good to be back up there!
I had to use a mounting block to mount him, (well, he IS 15.3 lol), but managed to dismount perfectly at the end. Got another lesson next week, on a new horse. Looking forward to it!!!

Thanks for listening!
Siobhan