The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Horsemanship...How cool is this!! (video) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/horsemanship-how-cool-video-49544/)

PechosGoldenChance 03-07-2010 10:50 AM

Horsemanship...How cool is this!! (video)

This video was sent to me via my aunt. She loved it, and I do too!

kevinshorses 03-07-2010 11:00 AM

Nice tricks! I saw a guy at a circus that did almost the same thing but with 5 horses at a time. It may be new to them but it's not new to the world.

PechosGoldenChance 03-07-2010 11:03 AM

Yea, I know it's not all that new. It still just gives me chills everytime I see something like that. I don't think I could ever get tired of watching stuff like that.

HowClever 03-07-2010 11:14 AM

is it just me or is there a couple of horses in there with their ears pinned back??

otherwise pretty fantastic video, its incredible the things a horse can achieve with a trustworthy leader :)

PechosGoldenChance 03-07-2010 11:18 AM

Howclever: I noticed the same thing, like when that guy was on the ground and cutting with his horse, I think maybe the horse was just getting into it. But yea, it is amazing!

HowClever 03-07-2010 11:20 AM

yeah i noticed the first one running at its owner and i think one about 5 mins in. weird. still love it!

Juniper 03-07-2010 11:25 AM

It looks like they are having a ton of fun with their horses.

kitten_Val 03-07-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowClever (Post 571259)
yeah i noticed the first one running at its owner and i think one about 5 mins in. weird. still love it!

The one in very beginning, right? Yeah, I noticed that too - not a very nice expression. As for pinning ears when working cow I think it's something pretty common. My horse does it too, and cutting horses I've seen (most of them, not all though) do.

I think they did a great job training those horses. While I agree with Kevin it's not something new, still very nice work. And horses seem to be very relaxed and willing to do the tricks. I WISH I'd have an appropriate arena to work liberty with my mares...

PechosGoldenChance 03-07-2010 12:09 PM

kitten val: Yea, I do too! Our arena isn't very appropriate either, I mean, it's a round pen yet not like a neat round pen. Most of the time, the horses run to the gate and you have to chase after them. Usually after that, they're pretty consistant with watching you and not going to the gait. As for the pinning of the ears thing while cutting and working cow, I think your're right because I've noticed that too with every horse who does that. I wonder why? Maybe like I said, they're getting into it? lol I don't know, honestly.

kitten_Val 03-07-2010 12:31 PM

I believe (may be I'm wrong) horses show the cow who's the boss by pinning ears back. I also noticed mares like to do it more comparable to gelding. :-)

I used to use round pen for liberty in old barn, but I moved horses from there already 3 years back. My neighbor has an arena she let me use (I think I'm already lucky enough). But she keeps the unhooked trailer and (which is much worse) the big dragging harrow right in middle of arena. So it's just way too dangerous to let them go.