The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/)
-   -   Are there such places? (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/there-such-places-49547/)

Horsesrawesome 03-07-2010 11:39 AM

Are there such places?

I ride at a ranch every Saturday for a hour and a half. We have theory too. I was just wondering if there are places where you can come and ride their horses when ever you want, but still kinda learn too? Probably not, the only way to ride when you want too is to own a horse:-|

thunderhooves 03-07-2010 01:42 PM

ok.....i can tell you are young, and I support you for getting on here and learning more*claps*, but please, tell me what the point of this post was? Were you asking a question like "are there places where you can ride whenever you want?"
If that WAS your question, then I can say that somtimes, especially now, tehre are many free leases because people can't afford their horse(s), but don't want to sell them. I think with some free leases, the horse stays at your boarding place or house, and you pay for everything and ride whenever.

speedy da fish 03-07-2010 01:50 PM

do you mean a riding centre?
Posted via Mobile Device

Horsesrawesome 03-07-2010 02:14 PM

Sorry I'm very bad at explaining:( I was trying to say that I want to know if there are any places where you pay the owner to ride their horses, to come out to the barn whenever you want, and to ride how long you want to ride too. And also teach you how to ride! Leasing? Hmm... sounds kinda cool

Ridehorses99 03-12-2010 11:22 AM

Sure there are. There are even some barns that will exchange riding priveledges for some work around the barn. The lady who runs the boarding stable I keep my horses is exchanging riding priveledges for help with feeding and stall cleaning. Call around your area to see if there are any horses for lease or any barns that will let you ride in exchange for helping out with the chores.

Horsesrawesome 04-02-2010 09:52 AM

Really??? Cool:D Thank you for letting me know