The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (
-   -   I'm not sure what the correct name of this is (

Gidget 03-07-2010 03:08 PM

I'm not sure what the correct name of this is
I was wondering if it would be a good investment to buy some cusions that drape over the horses wither's. The look like little shoulder pads for a horse.
The reason why I was thinking about buying some is to see if it would help with my saddle always sliding back. I have a new saddle pad,new saddle,and I am using my breast collar and even punched extra holes in it to see if it would help if I tightened it. All my saddles slide because she has big ol mutton withers and is pretty flat.
Awesome thing is that she seems to no longer be experiencing back pain:) and I found a saddle that fits her well.

Gidget 03-08-2010 02:11 AM

anyone :(

luvs2ride1979 03-08-2010 11:09 PM

If the saddle slides back, then you may be putting it too far forward. A breastcollar should not be used to hold the saddle in place during general riding. It's there as a precaution for hill-work or hard arena work that could cause the saddle to shift.

I believe you're talking about a "wither widener":
Felt Wider-Wither Saddle Pad Enhancer -

If she's already wide, then this product wouldn't be of much help. Have you tried a tacky type pad?

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0