The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Is anybody looking for a rescue? : [ (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/anybody-looking-rescue-%5B-49648/)

CloudsMystique 03-08-2010 07:45 PM

Is anybody looking for a rescue? : [

Some idiot is trying to get rid of their 27-year-old kid-safe mare for $50 on Craigslist. I'm nearby and I can get her and arrange transportation if anybody wants her. I'll even pay the purchase price for you.

Here's a picture of her:
http://i50.tinypic.com/ezuht.jpg

My2Geldings 03-08-2010 09:12 PM

Oh my gosh, that is heart breaking. I hope someone can relocate her. Bless your heart for trying to do this, I hope it works out.

On a side not, maybe this is a bad idea, but what are the legalities of posting an add for a free horse? don't post pictures or any other info that what is already posted. If someone contacts you, then go ahead and explain the situation and forward them over to this add?

CloudsMystique 03-08-2010 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My2Geldings (Post 572461)
Oh my gosh, that is heart breaking. I hope someone can relocate her. Bless your heart for trying to do this, I hope it works out.

On a side not, maybe this is a bad idea, but what are the legalities of posting an add for a free horse? don't post pictures or any other info that what is already posted. If someone contacts you, then go ahead and explain the situation and forward them over to this add?

Yeah, that's exactly why I didn't post the link to the ad. If somebody is interested in her, I'll just send them the lady's email address.

My2Geldings 03-08-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloudsMystique (Post 572469)
Yeah, that's exactly why I didn't post the link to the ad. If somebody is interested in her, I'll just send them the lady's email address.

Sorry I didn't explain myself well. I meant, what about going online and posting a separate add for a free horse. Double the possibility of the horse getting a home. Having an add say "FREE" is sometimes a lot more successful than one that will say $50.00

White Foot 03-08-2010 10:15 PM

Nope, D; no horse is free. This free horse would eat me out of house and home.

I HATE craigslist, it makes me sick. RARELY do I see responsible pet owners use that site.

I got my macaw off that site to a scumbag and then got it vet checked and it had liver cancer. I payed 1k and the lady gave me what I now know was forged/fake vet papers.

My2Geldings 03-08-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Foot (Post 572525)
Nope, D; no horse is free.

Horse care is never free, getting a horse can be.

Quote:

I HATE craigslist, it makes me sick. RARELY do I see responsible pet owners use that site.

That can be said of any site.

Quote:

I got my macaw off that site to a scumbag and then got it vet checked and it had liver cancer. I payed 1k and the lady gave me what I now know was forged/fake vet papers.

Where were you during the "vet check"?

CloudsMystique 03-08-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My2Geldings (Post 572519)
Sorry I didn't explain myself well. I meant, what about going online and posting a separate add for a free horse. Double the possibility of the horse getting a home. Having an add say "FREE" is sometimes a lot more successful than one that will say $50.00

Yeah, I suppose so... But anybody who thinks saving $50 on the purchase price will be even a little bit significant after a few months probably shouldn't own a horse.

Quote:

Nope, D; no horse is free. This free horse would eat me out of house and home.

Wow, that sucks 8 |

Did you at least get your money back?

White Foot 03-09-2010 12:32 AM

My2geldings, I mean have you really seen craigslist (the pet part)? it's like a site for bad owners who are looking for a quick buck or trying to get rid of the third batch of kittens their cat had to migrate too (though not everyone is a horrible person). I wasn't at the vet check because she live in a different state, I wasn't about to get a $300+ plane ticket to fly over. I learned my lesson.

Cloud, Sadly no D; I kept all the emails and got the phone records but it wasn't worth going to court for. I would end up paying way more in court fees than what I spent on the bird. Not to mention when I got her the bird was unbanned (it's illegal to sell an unbanned bird). Boy do I have a deep hatred for people.

My2Geldings 03-09-2010 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Foot (Post 572651)
My2geldings, I mean have you really seen craigslist (the pet part)? it's like a site for bad owners who are looking for a quick buck or trying to get rid of the third batch of kittens their cat had to migrate too

It such a vague statement to make. I have seen horrible adds on dozens of other sites. Those people that frequent CL also frequent every other online animals advertizing sites. I don't see how this particular one would be any worst than any others.

marica101010 03-09-2010 01:34 AM

hi, I live in Winter Garden, it is near Orlando. My daughter has a horse and I have been wanting to get one for years, but had to get hers first. What size horse is this??? I need one at least 1000lbs, I am a fluffy girl:shock:..can this horse be used for trail/pleasure riding???

Thanks for any info...
Marica...