The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Do you and your horse have a song? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/do-you-your-horse-have-song-49660/)

dynamite. 03-08-2010 09:14 PM

Do you and your horse have a song?

Mine and Willow's is Your Still The One by Shania. I chose is because back in the day, when I was like 10 I was bullied by the older girls at the barn. They also thought Willow was worth nothing because of her eye, and that we would never get anywhere because we were both "stupid" (I have been told this, word for word, multiple times by a certain girl). Anyways, I think we are both doing pretty well now! Shes now 9 and I'm 16 and we have a blast together. Anyhoodle, whats your and your horses song and why?

BlueJayWay 03-08-2010 09:52 PM

That's so sweet how who two stuck together. Me and my horse love music, we're huge fans of The Beatles so any song of theirs we love.

We don't really have ONE song that's ours, we have so many different ones for every occasion. (When we spanish walk, Reining, Showing, Trailering, grooming etc..)

but my horse has a Theme song: Aladdins "Prince Ali"
His name is Alibi and his Great Great grandparents were brought over from egypt in the 50's who were bred by King Farouk. So it just all fits. xD

EquestrianHollywood 03-09-2010 12:19 AM

I don't have one specific song either. But the closest is Honor by Atreyu. and close behind is Unstopable by Rascal Flatts. The latter is because I recently had a confidence breakdown. My horse Honor was being really hot ( yes hes a thoroughbred...i know shocker there. But hes normally calmer) bucking and such. I had a private lesson with my instructor and the radio was playing. I was so nervous I was listening to the radio trying to calm down, and i was listening to the lyrics and something just clicked! I instantly felt a bit more confident after a month of being scared to death of my own horse!! Its silly I know, but I was.

myhorsesonador 03-09-2010 12:24 AM

Sonador and I's song is "Shes a lady by forever the sicest kids" because we have both been the underdog alot of the time but we still can kick butt, even if we are both out of shape. :P

Brighteyes 03-09-2010 12:53 AM

"I Hope You Dance" by LeAnn Womack. It's a funny little story.

About two years ago, I was going through a hard time. I was 13, which is a hard little slice of life for everyone. I headed down to the barn one summer morning to work with Lola a little bit. I went out into the field, still angry and aghast from school. Lola didn't allow me to catch her for half an hour. After, I went to the barn and worked with her on standing still and picking up feet. My attitude carried on, and Lola wouldn't respond at all, no matter what I tried. For an hour I worked with her, trying everything I knew to get her to cooperate. Finally, I boiled over. I was done. I couldn't take it anymore.

I stalked off to the barn and sat in the corner, sobbing and using all the curse words I knew at the time. After a moment, I flipped on the radio, and the song came on. It's a really encouraging song, and, for some reason, it made me feel better. So I went back and tried again. That day was a turning point for me.

Eight months later, Lola had been sold right up from under by nose and was going to a new home. I didn't get but three days warning. I spent only one of those three days with her though. I couldn't take seeing her.

I was driving to school when they were loading her up. I knew this, and starting crying again. (I cried easily in those days.) I turned on the radio to drown out my thoughts, and, low and behold:

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances
But they're worth taking
Lovin' might be a mistake
But it's worth making
Don't let some hell bent heart
Leave you bitter
When you come close to selling out
Reconsider
Give the heavens above
More than just a passing glance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance

BackInTheSaddleAgain 03-09-2010 01:20 AM

"Get Your Kicks On Route 66"! ( I bought her in missouri and traveled with her down Route 66 to California).
Posted via Mobile Device

KaylaOscer1994 03-09-2010 07:09 AM

Wild horses by natasha bedingfeild. hes not my horse, but when i get up set i listen to it and close my eyes and drift back to a good time. i imagen im back on his back in that saddle flying without wings.

ptvintage 03-09-2010 09:04 AM

The closest I had was when one of my best friends and I used to go trail riding, we'd always sing "Say My Name" by Destiny's child at a random points on the trail. We'd also have a game where if my horse started prancing and getting excited, we had to sing a song most fitting the occasion. "Say My Name" we sang at other times though, and even thought we haven't gone trail riding in years, we will still randomly sing it to each other.

We would sing to the horses, but no song in particular. I think they liked it.

Good memories :)

LoveStory10 03-09-2010 11:00 AM

Fireflies by Owl City. Its a beautiful song, and Love always calms down when its on

PechosGoldenChance 03-09-2010 07:35 PM

Below is our song called Wheels by Foo Fighters. Not sure why, but everytime I'm riding I think of that song, probably because it's got such a free feeling to it and thats how I feel when I'm riding. Hope you like it. It's even better when I have the radio on and I'm ridng and that song comes on lol.