The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Any Aus-Tray-Lee-Ins? (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/any-aus-tray-lee-ins-49750/)

Benny 03-10-2010 09:07 AM

Any Aus-Tray-Lee-Ins?

Hmm. Well yet another new one. Wait, everyone says that. Let me try again.
Hmm. I just landed here from the planet Earth, in Australia. Which is also part of Queensland. I came about this place off.. *thinks* Ooh, I was trying to find out how tall my colt would be when he was older. I'd heard of something to do with string, but forgot how to do it. Annnnyways.
I currently have more then too many horses, and I'm working on selling them. I own one cat, one dog, I'm working on getting a snake. I'm keeping two horses. My Quarter Horse x something. I'm sure I'll add photos to my Barn thingy, and get everyone to tell me what breed she is. I'm evil like that. And my colt. Well he was mums. But then I claimed him yesterday! Poor thing still doesn't have a name, and he's over one.
I don't normally talk this much.. Wait.. I do. And I like it. >D
Hmm. What else.. You don't have to worry about messaging me, I wont bite, scare you (on purpose), use chat speak, be mean unless you're mean first! And I love a good debate. >D
I also love this evil face. It's like an evil grin. Heh, I'm talking to much. But yup, that's me! Oh, and, this is my favorite thingy face ever. Mr Green!
:mrgreen:
Benny
~~\\~~

jazzyrider 03-12-2010 09:38 PM

heya, im from queensland :) welcome to the forum

with regards to finding out how tall your horse will be you can measure from the top of the coronet band to the middle of the knee. whatever it is in inches will be roughly what he will grow to eg; if its 14 inches the horse will grow to around 14hh. its not exact but it is very close. i know there is another way with string to but i cant remember how to do it

Benny 03-14-2010 03:57 AM

Hey. Thanks!
That sounds easier. I tried a string one, but either all my horses are gonna stay short, or I'm doing it wrong. We'll see how it works next time the horses are here. :D

wild_spot 03-14-2010 04:05 AM

I've also heard you can measure from the ground to the elbow - Then add that on top and that's where they will end up. Never tried it though!

And welcome! More Aussies the better :] I'm from Canberra.

Gidji 03-14-2010 06:42 AM

I'm a New Souther :D:D:D. Welcome to the forum, I'm Sarah. I know a good way to estimate with string, but I can't seem to explain it right :) I'll have to get pictures to show you.

gypsygirl 03-14-2010 10:48 AM

hi ! im not from aus, but i know about the string test ! you measure from the fetlock to the elbow. then keeping the end at the elbow, hold the string straight up & that is how tall your horse will end up =]

Begginerider 03-19-2010 07:11 AM

Hiya from Brisbane australia...

Hi I am a 13 year old girl who LOVES Horses..... :)
I am homeschooled by my mum. I did have a horse when i was little but she has long since gone but i love to ride. my fav event would be show jump i can just 60cm so farm im not very good but all i do want to do is have FUN!
i now go to cherbon waters a horse riding place in QLD i ride a horse called ally she is a liver chestnut mare welsh pony. :)

Hope we all have fun and i cant wait to met you all

<3 from Begginderider

ChingazMyBoy 03-19-2010 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Begginerider (Post 580406)
Hiya from Brisbane australia...

Hi I am a 13 year old girl who LOVES Horses..... :)
I am homeschooled by my mum. I did have a horse when i was little but she has long since gone but i love to ride. my fav event would be show jump i can just 60cm so farm im not very good but all i do want to do is have FUN!
i now go to cherbon waters a horse riding place in QLD i ride a horse called ally she is a liver chestnut mare welsh pony. :)

Hope we all have fun and i cant wait to met you all

<3 from Begginderider

Is this Ally?

http://cherbonwaters.com.au/Portals/...y-up-close.gif

HowClever 03-19-2010 07:51 AM

I'm from Margaret River Western Australia. =-) Equine family of 8 until Romance's baby arrives in November and then there will be 9 haha

RedTree 03-19-2010 09:26 AM

heya im from western australia :)
I am 17 year old girl in my last year of high school scary :)
I have one horse a bay tb called Buzz
Cant wait to see pics