The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hobbies (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/)
-   -   Besides horses, what are your favorite animals and why? (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/besides-horses-what-your-favorite-animals-49819/)

Citrus 03-10-2010 11:40 PM

Besides horses, what are your favorite animals and why?

I am curious... play if you want!

My second favorite is the octopus- it comes in so many forms, can immitate other animals both in color and mimicry, and they seem intelligent yet we know so little about them. Their mystery intrigues me.

My third favorite would be the elephant- their ability to have emotions is amazing and so is their familial structure.

Others I like just for beauty- polar bear, tigers, penguins, hummingbirds....

ridergirl23 03-10-2010 11:55 PM

Haha... hmmm ive never really thought about a second, its always just been horses horses horses for me :P And even then i cant even explain why i love them so much, haha.

Citrus 03-11-2010 12:04 AM

Horses need no explanation- they are incredible- nuf said :)

charlicata 03-11-2010 12:10 AM

I would say a close race between cats and dogs. With both, you have the same devotion, and at least they're always happy to see me when I come home. But then again, my best friends have always been animals...lol.

Curly_Horse_CMT 03-11-2010 12:13 PM

Second to horses is rabbits! I LOVE THEM. Just like horses, I dont think that I could go a day where I didnt have a rabbit in my life. I just have one right now, a English Angora doe, but I hope to bring home another soon within the next couple weeks..

And third would have to be guinea pigs! I love my little Teddy guinea pig, Anja. lol She makes me smile :D

jiblethead 03-11-2010 12:30 PM

Cats. They're so independant, and I really like that. Also they like to be pet, and get along with horses! :)

TaMMa89 03-11-2010 06:13 PM

Cats, absolutely.

I love their petite appearance, very beautiful animals in my eyes.

Brighteyes 03-11-2010 10:47 PM

Two words: Slow. Loris.

myhorsesonador 03-11-2010 10:56 PM

Oh my goodness that is awsome. lol yeah any way... Dogs defanitly dogs.

heyycutter 03-11-2010 10:57 PM

cats, just love them. i work at a cat shelter and we have 2 that are brothers and very very bonded. they sleep with eachother every day, groom eachother, cuddle and wrap their arms around eachother, sometimes one will litterally sit on top of the other, its adorable. One is very outgoing, his name is Cooper and Coopers brother's name is James, and James is very shy, he will come up to you but if you reach down he runs away, and then comes right back. James also has the most beautiful bright green eyes ive ever seen. lol
just thought id share :)