The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Protection (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/)
-   -   Horse Fights (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/horse-fights-49902/)

chrispy 03-12-2010 12:39 AM

Horse Fights

While randomly browsing, I came across yet another horrible type of abuse against animals: Stallion Fights.

A mare in season is staked out in a ring while two stallions fight over her. Like cockfighting or dogfighting -- this is horrendous.

Has anyone in this forum every encountered this? I didn't find it in my Forum search. I'm posting some URLS. Don't click unless you can handle some nasty pics and video.

Tournament of blood: The sheer horror of horse-fighting | Mail Online

HORSES FIGHTING TO THE DEATH in a MUSLIM festival tradition Bare Naked Islam's Weblog

ridergirl23 03-12-2010 12:49 AM

This has always made me angry. if people want to stab and shoot themselves and fight with eachothe then go the hell ahead, personally, if you want to stab eachother or punch eachother i dont care if both of them want to fight, but when they make animals fight eachother? i swear to god i would hurt every single person their if i had half a chance. this kinda stuff really makes me mad

Phantomcolt18 03-12-2010 02:27 PM

UGH I HATE THIS STUFF SOO MUCH!!!!! it's not fair to the animals at all why do people get pleasure from seeing animals kill each other it's horrible!!!!! i really wish that one day the horses would be like wait a second and stop then jump the fence and attack everyone in the crowd...that would show them.

kevinshorses 03-12-2010 02:44 PM

Doesn't seem like alot of damage is being done to me. They don't fight to the death they just fight untill one horse gets chased out of the pen. It's not my cup of tea but it's also not in my sphere of influence so I see no reason to get upset about it.

ptvintage 03-12-2010 04:26 PM

The horses get beaten up pretty bad, including the mare used to provoke the stallions. The article mentioned broken legs and crushed faces, although I read it like an hour ago so I don't remember exactly. Then afterward, they cook the horse and serve it to the crowd...

It's cruel, but it's run by criminal organizations who wouldn't stop even if it was illegal; they don't care if they are breaking the law.

It's sad :( the world isn't always a pretty place.

jiblethead 03-12-2010 04:43 PM

I won;t say to much, because if I do then I'll start ranting and who knows what will happen then. Stupid, stupid. They should make humans fight to the death if they want to see something like that. :(

wannahorse22 03-12-2010 05:24 PM

Yeah,its horribly gross and cruel, but the world is full of idiots. Gotta get used to it.

kevinshorses 03-12-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptvintage (Post 575288)
The horses get beaten up pretty bad, including the mare used to provoke the stallions. The article mentioned broken legs and crushed faces, although I read it like an hour ago so I don't remember exactly. Then afterward, they cook the horse and serve it to the crowd...

It's cruel, but it's run by criminal organizations who wouldn't stop even if it was illegal; they don't care if they are breaking the law.

It's sad :( the world isn't always a pretty place.

Most of the world eats horse meat so I don't see a problem with that. There also may very well be smashed faces and broken legs but don't you think if that was a common occurance they would have put some evidence of it in their propoganda. The only words I could understand in the video was Humane Society and PETA and that was about all I needed to hear.

I would guess that A> This doesn't happen on a frequent basis.
B> The damage done is exagerated.

I don't think it's right but it's not in my power to stop it so I'll work on something else.

ptvintage 03-12-2010 05:51 PM

I agree with you kevinshorses.

And it's just the thought of cutting up a horse right on the ground and cooking it that grosses me out, not the fact they eat the horse meat. I'd be grossed out no matter what animal they cut up and ate, and I love me some meat.

kevinshorses 03-12-2010 06:00 PM

Once it's killed it really doesn't matter where they cut it up the animal is far past feeling it.