The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Guess the breed? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/guess-breed-49907/)

QHDragon 03-12-2010 03:26 AM

Guess the breed?

2 Attachment(s)
Other than "mud ball" :lol:. This is a horse being fostered at a friend's farm. He is supposedly a "percheron cross" he's been there for a week or two now and I went out yesterday expecting to find a big horse. This guy is maybe 13-13.2 hands... :shock: I want to say shetland cross, any other guesses?

He is super cute and super friendly, he is going to make somebody a very happy little kid.

Citrus 03-12-2010 03:30 AM

I am guessing pony cross except his head looks horse.... legs definitely pony though.

mountainhorse44 03-12-2010 10:36 AM

I would also guess a pony cross too. The silver dapple coloring is a tall tail sign for that, unless he's been crossed with a rocky mountain horse but the length of the back and shortness of the legs, along with the silver dapple color make me think pony. Since aside from the rocky breed, silver only occurs regularly in ponies. On rare instances you'll see TWH's with it and Morgans. And in exceeding rare instances QH's, which is almost never seen. I say the evidence lends strongly to a pony cross.

Pidge 03-12-2010 11:38 AM

some type of pony cross...legs an color make me think Shetland. Body looks like could be a tad qh ish? idk... sorta reminds me of a badly put together Haflinger for some reason... my bet is pony cross... Shetland x QH will be my bet lol.

QHDragon 03-13-2010 10:42 AM

Yeah I am terrible with the pony breeds. When I saw his color rocky mountain poped into my head right away, he certainly has a horse sized head that looks funny on his body if you ask me.

Piaffe 03-15-2010 07:16 PM

hmm...kinda looks like a few haflingers i have seen...maybe haflinger x...

hccumminssmoke 03-17-2010 11:08 AM

whatever he is im going to guess it was a silver dapple crossed with a bay gene...could have a little mountain horse in him...if he does then whatever it was crossed with deffinitly threw a lot more traits then the mountain horse did...

Nate