The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Could you critique me and Phoebe? Jumping and Dressage :D (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/could-you-critique-me-phoebe-jumping-49986/)

savvylover112 03-13-2010 07:27 AM

Could you critique me and Phoebe? Jumping and Dressage :D

Hey everyone could you please critique me and phoebe, could you critique my riding and Phoebe's form over the jumps as well as her movement in dressage and anything else that shouts at you thanks so much :D

savvylover112 03-13-2010 08:32 AM

bumping this up :D

speedy da fish 03-13-2010 09:03 AM

hi,
cross country looked vey good :) and your horse looked the best out of them all (no offence to them), she was more honest and had scopey jumps

Dressage:
first thing i noticed was no outline ?
you also need to keep in the corners and meet the boards at E and B on your circle.
i noticed that you were leaning around the circle in canter and your hands were low
try not to move your hands as you rise to the trot
your position in XC and dressage was beautiful apart from the things i said.

SJ:
position over jumps = really good
some of the angles to the jumps were a bit risky though! but she jumped them very well anyway :)

speedy da fish 03-13-2010 09:05 AM

oh and sometimes she puts a little extra stride in and once she left one out (which looked fun), some grid work will sort that out :D

Spyder 03-13-2010 09:05 AM

You will need to develope a ton more accuracy, balance controled impulsion in the dressage.

Corners cut off, resistance in the horse and transitions that are unbalanced are evident throughout.

The test appeared to be "rushed" and lacked smoothness. The horse will need to be rounder to get any of the above.

savvylover112 03-13-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy da fish (Post 575808)
hi,
cross country looked vey good :) and your horse looked the best out of them all (no offence to them), she was more honest and had scopey jumps

Dressage:
first thing i noticed was no outline ?
you also need to keep in the corners and meet the boards at E and B on your circle.
i noticed that you were leaning around the circle in canter and your hands were low
try not to move your hands as you rise to the trot
your position in XC and dressage was beautiful apart from the things i said.

SJ:
position over jumps = really good
some of the angles to the jumps were a bit risky though! but she jumped them very well anyway :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy da fish (Post 575809)
oh and sometimes she puts a little extra stride in and once she left one out (which looked fun), some grid work will sort that out :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyder (Post 575810)
You will need to develope a ton more accuracy, balance controled impulsion in the dressage.

Corners cut off, resistance in the horse and transitions that are unbalanced are evident throughout.

The test appeared to be "rushed" and lacked smoothness. The horse will need to be rounder to get any of the above.

Okay I know she was not in an outline but I don't want to force her into that, yes corners are a big thing I need to work on thank you :D Thank you for your help speedy da fish I will work on those things you mentioned :D

Spyder thank you very much for commenting on my thread first of all I love your advice

so I would like to ask in response to your post how would I get more controlled impulsion?

also how would I go about improving my transitions with her?

and lastly how would I get her rounder?

I know I have to get her to use her hind end and her back properly before she can be rounder so how would I go about this?

savvylover112 03-13-2010 10:39 AM

Anyone else?

Sghorselover 03-13-2010 12:24 PM

beides what has already been said you look great!!!AHAHAH i just watched your youtube video on my channel and logen on here and was like hmm this looks like the one i just watched!

savvylover112 03-13-2010 12:29 PM

lol that might be because it is the one you just watched lol I will have more cross country clips tomorrow because I am going out to hunter trials :D

Sghorselover 03-13-2010 01:01 PM

ok ill be looking!