The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Turning a brown horse white? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/turning-brown-horse-white-50200/)

drafts4ever 03-16-2010 04:13 AM

Turning a brown horse white?

Ok so long story short my friends daughter is turning 4 this August and I need to some how turn Caleigh's body white because she wants a Unicorn birthday party.

Longer story: Naturally Jewel calls me and asks if there is any possibility in using Jazz, the only white horse in the barn for unicorn pony rides. I said I didn't see why not let me ask my trainer. She says yeah sure but of course the weekend of Veahs birthday is the weekend of a 3 day event that she's taking Jazz to. I have a horn that braids into the forelock and stands straight up, a friends mom made it out of white and gold satin type material and stuffed it. It works actually. It would be great if Jazz were around but he'll be jumping 3 footers about 4 hours away. So is there anyway to paint Caleigh white?

I was thinking show spray paint but it would take a lot of cans and I don't even know if it would even make a big difference once it's brushed in and around. I'm not going to mess with her mane, I'd have absolutely no idea where to start with that either (however ideas are welcome).

Lucky for me I have until the middle of August to figure this out and try stuff until I find something that works.

Any suggestions?

XxemmafuriaxX 03-16-2010 06:50 AM

uuuumm if you could find a special horsey spray paint that would rub off what u could do with the mane is (if long enuf) spanish plait it so you only have minimal amount to spray and if you wanted a whit mane buy s long wig and maybe find some way to plait it in haha i duno maybe not much help but i tryed hah

welshies rule 03-16-2010 07:31 AM

talcum/baby powder?? somehow? x

PaintsPwn 03-16-2010 07:41 AM

I'd get glitter spray and cover her in glitter to make her "magical".. There's no rule that unicorns have to be white ;)

welshies rule 03-16-2010 08:19 AM

Ooh thata agood one!! think you canget silver hoof paint/polish too!

heyycutter 03-16-2010 08:20 AM

I agree with Paintspwn, theres no rule they have to be white, you can paint her hooves glittery, braid her mane to look really pretty, and spray her with glitter spray all different colors and you could spray like pokadots on her with differernt color animal safe paint and just say shes a magical rainbow unicorn.
that would probubly be easier

Hunter65 03-16-2010 09:16 AM

You will have to post pictures. I cant wat to see the magical unicorn.

drafts4ever 03-16-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyycutter (Post 578095)
I agree with Paintspwn, theres no rule they have to be white, you can paint her hooves glittery, braid her mane to look really pretty, and spray her with glitter spray all different colors and you could spray like pokadots on her with differernt color animal safe paint and just say shes a magical rainbow unicorn.
that would probubly be easier

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaintsPwn (Post 578082)
I'd get glitter spray and cover her in glitter to make her "magical".. There's no rule that unicorns have to be white ;)

That's what I was hoping, leaving her as she is with a few extras. but according to Nevaeh Unicorns are only white. I think Jewel is trying to convince her the really magical ones can change colors or something. She said she'd try to figure something out if I can't get her white. I was thinking maybe just completely douse her in sparkles and pretty colors and stick the horn on and everything will be all prettiness and fine.

drafts4ever 03-16-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter65 (Post 578112)
You will have to post pictures. I cant wat to see the magical unicorn.

I'll take lots of pictures. It won't be until August though but once I figure out something that works I'll post some pictures on here. If I can just coat her in glitter and ribbons I might be able to get away with a brown sparkly unicorn.

JustDressageIt 03-16-2010 08:56 PM

Too cute!!

... I do have to say though... I'll betcha $10 that the color won't matter when she gets to spend time with Caleigh... she'll go ga-ga!!