The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Farm Animals (http://www.horseforum.com/farm-animals/)
-   -   Bunnies! (http://www.horseforum.com/farm-animals/bunnies-50251/)

ilovemyPhillip 03-16-2010 10:19 PM

Bunnies!

Yay for farm bunnies! On Saturday, mom, my best friend Jessica, and I went to Tractor Supply.. For some horsey things. :) As we walk to the horse section (in the back) - and we passed a water tub full of BUNNIES! :D Our Flemish Giant (rabbit) died in November, so we 'needed' a replacement. :], it took Jess and I about 4 minutes to persuade her into letting us take them home. We ended up with two 'males' [gender still pending, we we're told they are male, but we have no idea; they're too young.] and both are jet black with gray hair between the toes. No pictures at the moment, but they are about 8 weeks old (educated guess), and soo sweet. Jess named them; Destroyer (her's) and Chaos (mine). :D I'm so happy! They move to the farm in about 2 weeks. Currently they're checked into my room, being handled daily so we can use them in our petting zoo. :D

AND - my friend {Taylor} has to get rid of her female, so we may take that one in also. Only if we can desensitize her, or breed her to one of our males so we can have little ones for the petting zoo.

So excited! Easter bunnies! Rabbie was my Easter present last year.. {RIP}

I can't wait to post up pics! So sorry I don't have any. :(

JustDressageIt 03-16-2010 10:35 PM

I demand baby bunneh pics!!

charlicata 03-16-2010 11:23 PM

I'm jealous. Our tractor supply doesn't have any babies. They only have the ones that are pretty much fully grown...with big signs that say "Don't handle rabbits...they may bite." My daughter on the other hand bought a baby black one in MD last week.

CONGRATS on the new bunnies. And I fully agree with JustDressageIt...we need bunny pictures!

horseluver250 03-17-2010 09:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I agree, we need pictures! There was bunnies at our tractor supply last week when I was there, they were soo cute.
My poor bunny got killed by a racoon over the winter, it was aweful. She was best friends with our barn cat, they were adorable together.

ptvintage 03-17-2010 10:51 AM

Awwww!! I love bunnies, they are so cute! I haven't handled them myself, but I admire from afar. I hope you post pictures of them soon!

Rabbie was adorable. I'm sorry about what happened to her. Her and the kitty look so sweet together.

I took my city boy husband to tractor supply and he was absolutely amazed at the fact that they sell bunnies and duckies and little bins there. He stood their gawking and giggling at them. It was so cute!

thunderhooves 03-18-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustDressageIt (Post 578675)
I demand baby bunneh pics!!

LOL! Ditto.....*giggles* bunnehs

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptvintage (Post 578944)
Awwww!! I love bunnies, they are so cute! I haven't handled them myself, but I admire from afar. I hope you post pictures of them soon!

Rabbie was adorable. I'm sorry about what happened to her. Her and the kitty look so sweet together.

I took my city boy husband to tractor supply and he was absolutely amazed at the fact that they sell bunnies and duckies and little bins there. He stood their gawking and giggling at them. It was so cute!

Aw! That is funny! I am picturing a grown man staring at baby "bunnehs" and "duckayes" giggling.....odd.....lol! :)

ilovemyPhillip 04-04-2010 04:39 PM

We had little Destroyer die two weeks ago, but Chaos is thriving! She ain't scareda nothin'! We had our neighbors bring their lionhead doe over, and everyone was outside had the neighborhood dogs around, Chaos actually allowed the dogs to lick her :lol:. It was too cute.

And we found out Chaos is a SHE not a HE :shock:. Ooops. Well, she acts more girly anyways.She likes to run around the yard, and my room.... As she runs she spazzes out and twitches, jumps and bucks in the air :rofl:. I need to get a video of it. She LOVES to play with my Yorkie, Misha. The two are best friends :D.

One of the neighbors has a choclate male they may sell, cage and all... I may be taking that one home.. Just for the color factor and breed my girl to him (if they didn't slice his hangers :shock:), and have petting zoo babies.

Otherwise all is well and pics are actually coming tonight!

ilovemyPhillip 04-06-2010 06:32 PM

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/...unnies/050.jpg

This is Chaos! Isn't she cuuuute?

equiniphile 04-06-2010 07:03 PM

Funny, our TSC just got bunnies, chicks, and ducks in too haha.

UGH I HATED bunnies! We got 2 from Hilton Head and they were a mess and they jumped out of their pen when we opened the door so we had to catch them on multiple occasions.....And then when one got out we were trying to catch him for like 3 hours until we gave up and sold the other one so it wasn't lonely without his companion. They were cute while they lasted but a pain in the butt! Hope yours are better behaved :D

It's funny because one of my dogs, the most studliest and best farm dog who loooovvvveeessss hunting mice in the barn used to take the rabbits (when we would bring them in the house to play in winter), pick them up gently by the scruff of their necks, and carry them to his dog bed where he would cuddle with and lick them. That would be my studly Jack Russel terrier who once killed my cat. Yea. Lol