The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hello from Keowee Key, SC...near Clemson! (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hello-keowee-key-sc-near-clemson-50368/)

inspired2 03-18-2010 12:24 PM

Hello from Keowee Key, SC...near Clemson!

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking for awhile and getting the feel of this forum. I'm Deni from SC aka Inspired2. I grew up with quarter horses, showed western and a bit of english. After taking a break to raise children, I am back in the saddle again and loving it!

I'm finding it a bit difficult to change disciplines but really want to learn dressage. There is something about that connection that really has me intrigued. Presently, I have three off track thoroughbreds. Don't frown now, they are wonderful and are darn laid back. :-) I like that I am doing my part to find homes for at least three of the often discarded track members. My trainer found them for me and I am blessed that she is such a good judge of temperment, trainability, etc. I look forward to reading and learning on this forum from all the great people posting!

A question for you all....how in the world do I change my profile to add the fact that I have 3 horses? I've looked all over and cannot find the answer. Must be blind or something. Help? :-)

inspired2 03-21-2010 10:55 PM

Gosh, I thought someone would have said hello....:-( Guess I live too far out in the sticks or something.

paintsrule 03-21-2010 11:02 PM

Welcome :)

My2Geldings 03-22-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inspired2 (Post 582418)
Gosh, I thought someone would have said hello....:-( Guess I live too far out in the sticks or something.

Not at all :D unfortunately the new member area isn't visited by enough people. Excited to see a new member and looking forwards to reading your threads!

Welcome aboard :D

rum4 03-23-2010 10:00 PM

Welcome to the Forum. I am from Ridgeway, SC just north of Columbia.

rum4 03-23-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inspired2 (Post 579765)
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking for awhile and getting the feel of this forum. I'm Deni from SC aka Inspired2. I grew up with quarter horses, showed western and a bit of english. After taking a break to raise children, I am back in the saddle again and loving it!

I'm finding it a bit difficult to change disciplines but really want to learn dressage. There is something about that connection that really has me intrigued. Presently, I have three off track thoroughbreds. Don't frown now, they are wonderful and are darn laid back. :-) I like that I am doing my part to find homes for at least three of the often discarded track members. My trainer found them for me and I am blessed that she is such a good judge of temperment, trainability, etc. I look forward to reading and learning on this forum from all the great people posting!

A question for you all....how in the world do I change my profile to add the fact that I have 3 horses? I've looked all over and cannot find the answer. Must be blind or something. Help? :-)

Go to the top of the page where it says horses, click on it and then go from there:D

iridehorses 03-23-2010 11:07 PM

Welcome! I ride at Clemson regularly - great trails.

inspired2 03-24-2010 08:19 PM

Yeah! Thanks for the welcomes! Look forward to everyone's posts. I'm eager to learn all I can from anyone willing to share. Glad to see some neighbors on here too! Thanks all....

jazzyrider 03-29-2010 03:43 AM

hi and welcome :)

Luv 2 Trail 03-29-2010 09:59 PM

:DHey and welcome from the Midlands of SC! Hope you will enjoy the forum!