The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   I hate it when people say..... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/i-hate-when-people-say-50525/)

xoSonnyLove1234 03-20-2010 11:13 PM

I hate it when people say.....

I hate it when people say that my horse is old! And he isnt, He's 12! Thats not old at all. Also, i hate it when people say that i do something wrong with my horse or tell me what to do if i already ready know. Like when people think they are so great and just keep telling you what to do. (Besides my instructor) Has anyone had an expirence like that? It just irks me! Cookies to anyone who read this. Just needed to rant.

PaintsPwn 03-20-2010 11:24 PM

I know what you're talking about! There was a horse at our fair one year and my friend was like, "Yeah, she's getting pretty old now!" I asked.. The mare was 13.. I'm like ".... Riiiiight."

HooverH 03-21-2010 12:32 AM

My Gun much be ancient! He's 15.

I hate it when people call horses stupid or dumb, or blame the horse for acting up when they caused it themselves. I actually had a guy on a trail ride tell me a horse's brain was the size of a thumb!

kmdstar 03-21-2010 12:34 AM

Dream must be like a dinosaur, she's 25. Jeez! :shock:

RedTree 03-21-2010 07:46 AM

I have had some experiance when people tell me to do something when I have learnt it a different way grr
and about the age thats exactly why I thought Buzz was getting old because people would buy a new horse when there old horse is like 10 its silly

PaintHorseMares 03-21-2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoSonnyLove1234 (Post 581538)
I hate it when people say that my horse is old! And he isnt, He's 12! Thats not old at all.

Those 'middle aged', sane, experienced horses (our go anywhere, do anything, ex-penner lead mare Angel is 15) are still in their prime.
For all the people that say they are 'old', you'll find an equal number of people that wish they had one.

iridehorses 03-21-2010 08:23 AM

Although I've owned a good number of young horses, I prefer a more mature horse. I bought Hollywood about 6 months ago because he was 10 - What he was is what he is, no surprises.

It is quite typical for someone who really knows little about horses (but only think they do) to make a blanket statement and say that 10 is old. Look up the ages of many of the Olympian horses.

Truthfully, there are a lot of disciplines that require a younger horse, such as cutting, racing, etc. and if you are competing in those events on a very high national level, then the younger hose is what you need to be competitive. However, 98% of the owners/riders/competitors out there will more then benefit from a horse with more maturity.

gypsygirl 03-21-2010 08:40 AM

my friend is retiring her sound & healthy 15yo because she thinks hes too old to keep jumping [she only does 2ft-2ft6] he has no foot or leg problems, no illness, nothing, he is perfectly fine !

paintluver 03-21-2010 09:28 AM

Wow, if 12 is old, I guess I shouldn't have started my horse barrel racing when he was 12. lol
My horse just learned a new discipline when he was 12, he is now 13... hmmm guess I need to retire him! lol
That is funny

qtrhrsecrazy 03-21-2010 12:04 PM

I prefer a mature horse anymore myself. I was told horses are 4 years to humans 1. Like dogs are 7-1. A 10 year old horse would be = to 40. Just a thought lol