The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   So i need your opinion (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/so-i-need-your-opinion-50573/)

WhiskeyGirl 03-21-2010 05:41 PM

So i need your opinion

I have an AQHA mare bred to a ApHC stud.... What do you predict the colts temperment will be. We're expecting the baby anytime after april 9th. thanks! any opinion is welcome.

paintsrule 03-21-2010 05:44 PM

How should we know?? Breed and registration does not determine temperement. Without personally knowing the parents there is no way to predict. The baby could be a demon or an angel on four legs. Raising of the horse(s) also has alot to do with it.

WhiskeyGirl 03-21-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paintsrule (Post 582082)
How should we know?? Breed and registration does not determine temperement. Without personally knowing the parents there is no way to predict. The baby could be a demon or an angel on four legs. Raising of the horse(s) also has alot to do with it.

well breed does give you an idea, raising does alot, but if the horse is a hotblooded horse breed its gonna be a whole lot more highstrung. If its a coldblood the more draft breeds are usually calmer. Warmbloods may be gorgeous, but they are used as sporthorses for a reason. Arabs are known for a more high strung horse. AQHA are known as calmer. Mules are STUBBORN. Every animal gets a reputation. IF YOU MUST KNOW. so yes thats how you would know. Thank you very much.

paintsrule 03-21-2010 05:57 PM

Well, Im sorry, but I dont judge based on "reputation" maybe you like to, but I dont.

WhiskeyGirl 03-21-2010 05:59 PM

you know it was a simple question, you didnt have to be all rude about it. if you didnt have an opinion, dont state anything. just sayin

paintsrule 03-21-2010 06:04 PM

Im not being rude I dont think. And I do have an opinion. Its stated above...twice. Just saying.

WhiskeyGirl 03-21-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paintsrule (Post 582099)
Well, Im sorry, but I dont judge based on "reputation" maybe you like to, but I dont.

you call that not rude??? hun re read it

kevinshorses 03-21-2010 06:18 PM

It was simple!

WhiskeyGirl 03-21-2010 08:25 PM

anymore opinions?

Jake and Dai 03-21-2010 08:33 PM

I'm with paintsrule on this one. I had 2 ottb's who were bombproof babysitters. If I had judged on breed reputation, I would never have had the privilege of owning and learning from them.