The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   He's being gelded! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/hes-being-gelded-50574/)

WSArabians 03-21-2010 06:55 PM

He's being gelded!
 
So after having a debate with myself, I have decided to geld my wonderful man Khoda. :-o
I imported him from the US a few years ago from a great breeder (Maple Ridge Farms standing R Khasper). He comes from a long line of International Champions in both Halter and Performance (events ranging from English Pleasure, WP, Reining and Working Cow).
I've gotten some fabulous Sabino foals off him who are serious show contendors, however Khoda himself just hasn't matured like I wanted him too.
So, inspite of his amazing temperment, personaility, pedigree, and colour genetics, he is going to lose his nuts this summer! :-o
I just haven't told him yet. :shock:

The man himself:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...ian/Khoda4.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...ian/Khoda5.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...an/pics107.jpg

PaintsPwn 03-21-2010 06:57 PM

Man I LOVE R Khapser! And he's a pretty boy himself!

he looks proud... Don't tell him until the day before XD

ilovemyPhillip 03-21-2010 06:57 PM

Oh man, bummer for him. Do you have a replacement stallion?

WSArabians 03-21-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaintsPwn (Post 582100)
Man I LOVE R Khapser! And he's a pretty boy himself!

he looks proud... Don't tell him until the day before XD

R Khasper is a pretty neat looking guy! He's got some nice foals on the ground. Too bad they didn't show him more.

Thanks! He is a very proud man. :D
I'm not gonna tell him at all. Let him wake up all grogged out. haha! :-P

WSArabians 03-21-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemyPhillip (Post 582101)
Oh man, bummer for him. Do you have a replacement stallion?

Not quite yet.
It's a toss up right now between two moderate bay Sabino stallions. One's Khemosabi bred, like Khoda, and the other is Abu Farwa bred. One's in Alberta, one's on Colorado. One's three, one's eight. I'm leaning toward's the one here if he's still available. He went in for Halter training so may have sold while he was there, just waiting to hear back. The other, HAAP Mirage, is being discussed right now. :)

FGRanch 03-21-2010 07:27 PM

Poor guy! But he will be a happy gelding!

WSArabians 03-21-2010 07:34 PM

Yeah, much happier! Him and Blue will cruise around. Blue won't be such an outsider. :p

Indyhorse 03-21-2010 08:40 PM

Congrats to you! I know when you have good bloodlines and have put in the hard work, gelding can be a difficult choice. But facing that he has not become quite what you expected is a very honest and courageous thing to do. He's a beautiful horse, and he will make you a very exceptional gelding. Good job!

FGRanch 03-21-2010 09:11 PM

Yep, him and Blue will have a blast together and you can get a sabino stallion that you REALLY like! :D

ilovemyPhillip 03-21-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSArabians (Post 582127)
Not quite yet.
It's a toss up right now between two moderate bay Sabino stallions. One's Khemosabi bred, like Khoda, and the other is Abu Farwa bred. One's in Alberta, one's on Colorado. One's three, one's eight. I'm leaning toward's the one here if he's still available. He went in for Halter training so may have sold while he was there, just waiting to hear back. The other, HAAP Mirage, is being discussed right now. :)

Hah, good luck.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0