The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Checking in from Kansas (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/checking-kansas-50608/)

KSAQHA 03-21-2010 09:18 PM

Checking in from Kansas

Since the KU Jayhawks went down in flames, yesterday (and I get bored with COTH) I stumbled across this forum. A few years ago, there was another Horse Forum I frequented, until it shut down...I think the domain expired?

Have enjoyed horse ownership for 45 years, like starting my own colts, and have dabbled in about every aspect of the horse industry...okay, I admit I'm getting too old for eventing or breezing TBs.

Anyhoo, thought I should make myself known before I started posting...because I really want access to the Saloon. :wink:

sheawhittet 03-21-2010 09:42 PM

Welcome to our little corner of happiness...lol I am from the central part of Oklahoma. I have three horses, five kids, one husband two dogs and six goats! I know it sounds like alot, but I LOVE it!!
:lol:

KSAQHA 03-22-2010 10:52 AM

Thanks for the welcome. You DO sound like you have your hands full! lol! I'm in eastern KS - we have three kids, but only one still at home. 5 horses, 2 dogs...and got rid of the goats yeeeears ago! :wink:

I'm impressed by all the different topic forums - feel like a kid in a candy shop...where to begin?!

eventerdrew 03-22-2010 09:05 PM

Hey!

I'm in Eastern KS as well. The Home of KU!

Welcome to the forum and happy posting!

My2Geldings 03-22-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSAQHA (Post 582378)
Anyhoo, thought I should make myself known before I started posting...because I really want access to the Saloon. :wink:

hahahahaha! refreshing to see a new member with a great sense of humor. Welcome aboard :twisted:

KSAQHA 03-24-2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eventerdrew (Post 583368)
Hey!

I'm in Eastern KS as well. The Home of KU!

I'm still in mourning. :-(
We're about 35 minutes from Lawrence...and have a son (on the slow-track) at KU!

Quote:

hahahahaha! refreshing to see a new member with a great sense of humor. Welcome aboard :twisted:
Thanks, My2Geldings - I'm even funnier after a couple of shots. :twisted:

spence 03-24-2010 12:31 PM

welcome to ya from the south central part of the state. not a bad place to be!

KSAQHA 03-24-2010 01:12 PM

Hey, Spence - Had to look Nashville up on the map...had never heard of it. We're near Edgerton...probably not too many have heard of it, either.

Gotta love KS! (although, after the winter we've had...maybe not so much :lol: )

eventerdrew 03-24-2010 03:29 PM

I am kind of sad to be leaving KS for college soon :( But I will come back to my home state for sure!

jazzyrider 03-29-2010 02:45 AM

hiya. welcome to the forum :)