The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Houston, we have bath time! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/houston-we-have-bath-time-50719/)

Honeysuga 03-23-2010 03:24 AM

Houston, we have bath time!

3 Attachment(s)
Well I think I will post this thread now. Tom had his first bath of the year!

Ill post his pics and everyone should post their bath time before and afters, tips, tricks, and stories too!

He did great until I accidentally sprayed his manly parts, poor guy, he sucked up his goodies, sucked in his belly, tail between the legs, and made a little grunt, lol. Turns out he has a smidge of rainrot, which his wooly mammoth winter coat managed to hide quite well, so that had to be taken care of. I used a diluted mix of H&S (for his rain rot,cooling to help with the itchies), antibacterial Dial(rain rot again), Johnson and Johnson soothing aloe baby shampoo, and a little olive oil to condition his coat.

Before
Attachment 27841

After!
Attachment 27843

(hehe, he almost looks brindle!)
Attachment 27842

He wasn't dry until wayyy later so no completely dry pics, but he looked so good!

whiskeynoo 03-23-2010 12:58 PM

he deffinately looks like he had a great time rolling in the mud haha :)

speedy da fish 03-23-2010 02:33 PM

aww he looks a lot happier now he is clean :)

jcfarms 03-30-2010 12:11 AM

wish ours would let us wash him he really needs it but it will take time to get him to that point wonderful tips on the things to wash him with thank you

iwong123 03-31-2010 04:03 AM

This is really a nice site because i am really very unknown from this site because i am not interested in reading about horses but now when i see this site i became very happy,at last i would like to say thankyou for giving us this tip.
======================
Exescises