The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   All wet, the pond, and a walk in the woods. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/all-wet-pond-walk-woods-50720/)

Honeysuga 03-23-2010 03:41 AM

All wet, the pond, and a walk in the woods.

9 Attachment(s)
Tom had his first bath of the year today, then we went on a walk in the woods, then I trimmed his feet(!!!!! We have achieved a little concavity!!! FINALLY:D:D in case you cant tell I am excited about that considering when I first took over his care he was flat footed, underslung, uneven, and stretched), then we did some stretching, spent a good hour solid with Mr. shedding blade, had a snack and called it a day!

Todays casualties
-My foot was used as a spring board for an off the wall spook at nothing... dented in the entire steel toe, had to pry it off my swollen foot.

- Blisters from hell on my ankles and toes, no riding socks*DOUGH!*.

- Got the crap pinched out of my finger while trimming his feet, dont know how, but it is very painful.

- Nearly drowned my camera, I am such a dummy.

Cookies to whoever read this, good ones... snickerdoodles!

Attachment 27844
The sunset made everything really color saturated, plus he is all wet, so it was even neater lookin!

Attachment 27845
Some pretty vines

Attachment 27846
The lane

Attachment 27847
Our pond, it is so creepy!

Attachment 27848
Pretty sapling

Attachment 27849
HISSY FIT! "HAHA, I ruined your picture!"

Attachment 27850
Little old Zip came with us for our walk

Attachment 27851
He looks like a baby from that angle

Attachment 27852
My crushed foot/boot! Youch!

PumpkinzMyBaby22 03-23-2010 05:00 AM

love the pics!:D the 1st one looks gorgeous

just wanted to say, ive always been told to NEVER handle horses with steel capped boots on. if the horse stands on your foot, the steel cap crushes in and there is a large possability you wont get your foot out with ease.Just sharing thought id share my knowledge for your saftey. :wink:

Honeysuga 03-23-2010 02:48 PM

Thanks. I think i have heard that too, obviously I didn't follow it lol. The only trouble I had getting them off was because my foot was so swollen, I didn't take them off right after it happened, I went another few hours working him...

Thanks for sharing your knowledge! Much appreciated!

speedy da fish 03-23-2010 03:02 PM

lovely pictures, i wish i had woods to ride through.... *fantasises*
love the second to last picture he does look like a baby :P

PaintedHooves 03-23-2010 03:10 PM

Tom is such a handsome boy! I really like the first photo. As for your injuries I hope you heal up quickly!

kevinshorses 03-23-2010 03:11 PM

FYI Your halter is on inside out and tied incorrectly.

Honeysuga 03-23-2010 03:24 PM

Yup, I know Kevin, thanks for letting me know.

FGRanch 03-23-2010 03:26 PM

Love the first picture!

And he sure does look like a baby in that one! He looks adroable!

My2Geldings 03-23-2010 03:34 PM

Waw you live in such a beautiful area. Looks very similar to where I used to live in Southern France. Beautiful. I absolutely love that color on your bay. Really stands out, looks great! great pics!