The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   When do you give up?? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/when-do-you-give-up-50812/)

WSArabians 03-24-2010 12:50 PM

When do you give up??
 
:(

This is still hard for me. Last November, before I entered rehab, someone came into our yard at about 4am and stole my wonderful German Shepherd Shade. He was such a friendly guy, all you'd have to do is open the door and he'd jump right in. Too big of a heart.

It's the end of March, now. It's been almost exactly four months since he's been gone. I know, really, that I won't ever stop looking for him, but is there a point you kind of give up? Accept that reality, he may never be coming back?

Losing a pet and letting go is hard enough, but when there's no closure? There's such a mix of emotions that keep surging through from extreme sadness to the horribly violent thoughts I'd love to do the &%*&^$*% that has him. If they still do. If he hasn't been abondoned, shot, run over, or put down by now.

Man, this sucks. That's all I can right now.
Here's a link to his ad I posted. :(

*~*~*~Stolen German Shepherd! Reward Offered!!*~*~*~ - Edmonton Dogs & Puppies For Sale - Kijiji Edmonton

My2Geldings 03-24-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSArabians (Post 584723)
:(

This is still hard for me. Last November, before I entered rehab, someone came into our yard at about 4am and stole my wonderful German Shepherd Shade. He was such a friendly guy, all you'd have to do is open the door and he'd jump right in. Too big of a heart.

It's the end of March, now. It's been almost exactly four months since he's been gone. I know, really, that I won't ever stop looking for him, but is there a point you kind of give up? Accept that reality, he may never be coming back?

Losing a pet and letting go is hard enough, but when there's no closure? There's such a mix of emotions that keep surging through from extreme sadness to the horribly violent thoughts I'd love to do the &%*&^$*% that has him. If they still do. If he hasn't been abondoned, shot, run over, or put down by now.

Man, this sucks. That's all I can right now.
Here's a link to his ad I posted. :(

*~*~*~Stolen German Shepherd! Reward Offered!!*~*~*~ - Edmonton Dogs & Puppies For Sale - Kijiji Edmonton

You know, I went through the same thing about 8 years ago. We lived out of town on an acreage and life was great. One day I went out of the parking lot, drove in town, but when I came back my dog was gone.

I to this day YEARS later remember reversing looking at that little dog looking back at me, as he hapilly sat in the sun of the front door watching me leave the house. I spent 3 weeks, days and evenings driving the roads and streets, putting adds in stores, mail boxes. Letting everyone know there were rewards. I called the RCMP me and all the local rescues and shelters. We never found him.

I don't have much of an answer for you, because I have never found an answer for myself. It's extremely difficult. People are selfish, unfair and nasty.

I'll keep you in prayers, you can get the strength to keep things going in your life. It's always difficult. Much love sweety.

Iluvjunior 03-24-2010 03:51 PM

I am very sorry for the loss of your dog. I would say never give up. Don't spend all your spare time looking for him but keep a lookout don't forget him but don't dedicate your life to looking for him. If you never see him again you'll know that he loved you and he knows that you loved him. I'm very sorry and I'll pray that you find him.

Here's a bit of a story for hope: One of my friends dog got lost or stolen they don't really know. It had been 4 months and they started to think they would never see him again when they got a call from Atlanta Georgia. Now we live in South Carolina and Atlanta is a 5 hour car drive from us. The caller said we think we have your dog so they drove to Atlanta and sure enough it was their dog. Hope that gave you hope.

free_sprtd 03-24-2010 06:58 PM

I can't imagine what you're going through, I don't think there is ever a time that you stop looking.....I think there might be time when you slowly start to look less and less, but you'll never forget. I want to cry for you, that's jut awful :(. I have no real advice, just thoughts and prayers you'll find your little one. :(

WSArabians 03-24-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My2Geldings (Post 584736)
You know, I went through the same thing about 8 years ago. We lived out of town on an acreage and life was great. One day I went out of the parking lot, drove in town, but when I came back my dog was gone.

I to this day YEARS later remember reversing looking at that little dog looking back at me, as he hapilly sat in the sun of the front door watching me leave the house. I spent 3 weeks, days and evenings driving the roads and streets, putting adds in stores, mail boxes. Letting everyone know there were rewards. I called the RCMP me and all the local rescues and shelters. We never found him.

I don't have much of an answer for you, because I have never found an answer for myself. It's extremely difficult. People are selfish, unfair and nasty.

I'll keep you in prayers, you can get the strength to keep things going in your life. It's always difficult. Much love sweety.

Thanks, Kelly. Makes you wonder about certain people... Willing to just snatch a dog? Sheesh. I'm sorry about your dog, as well.

People can be nasty and unfair. I get a certain amount of satisfaction thinking I'd do if I ever caught them, wether it's appropiate thoughts or not... Is that survival mechanism? Maybe. I'll blame it on that anyways!

WSArabians 03-24-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvjunior (Post 584864)
I am very sorry for the loss of your dog. I would say never give up. Don't spend all your spare time looking for him but keep a lookout don't forget him but don't dedicate your life to looking for him. If you never see him again you'll know that he loved you and he knows that you loved him. I'm very sorry and I'll pray that you find him.

Here's a bit of a story for hope: One of my friends dog got lost or stolen they don't really know. It had been 4 months and they started to think they would never see him again when they got a call from Atlanta Georgia. Now we live in South Carolina and Atlanta is a 5 hour car drive from us. The caller said we think we have your dog so they drove to Atlanta and sure enough it was their dog. Hope that gave you hope.

Thank you! I think you summed it pretty darn good in that first paragraph. I want to print off flyer's and repost a whole bunch. Perhaps that'll be a project one of these days.

That's a great story about your friend's dog. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that's a reunion we get. :)

WSArabians 03-24-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by free_sprtd (Post 585033)
I can't imagine what you're going through, I don't think there is ever a time that you stop looking.....I think there might be time when you slowly start to look less and less, but you'll never forget. I want to cry for you, that's jut awful :(. I have no real advice, just thoughts and prayers you'll find your little one. :(

Thank you! Any extra thoughts or prayer's are welcomed. Who knows what would happen if you ever get enough?

*hugs*

MN Tigerstripes 03-24-2010 09:00 PM

Have you called all the vets/kennels/shelters in the area? I'm sure you have, but sometimes people overlook those avenues. That's how I found my cat years ago. Sending prayers your way. I really hope you find him.

paintsrule 03-24-2010 10:35 PM

A couple years ago we lost our cat and he was gone for quite a few months but eventually we found him in a friends neighbors house. We thought he was gone forever but here he is. Never give up, because some day you just might be reunited.

WSArabians 03-26-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN Tigerstripes (Post 585141)
Have you called all the vets/kennels/shelters in the area? I'm sure you have, but sometimes people overlook those avenues. That's how I found my cat years ago. Sending prayers your way. I really hope you find him.

Thanks!
I did report to him everywhere, from towns near and far just in case. So far, nothing's been turned up, but I'll be printing out fresh posters and posting them wherever I go, and even places I don't, just in case.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0