The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   short term boarding - grumble/rant (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/short-term-boarding-grumble-rant-50985/)

HayburnerHeights 03-26-2010 12:19 PM

short term boarding - grumble/rant

I moved my 3 yr old horse to a stable with a indoor for 5 weeks, so I could get a early start riding her. Its supposed to be a low key, no drama stable and anyone can bring in their own "trainer" or use one of the "trainers" there.

Going forward in my rant I am using the term "trainer" loosely as I have no idea what their true knowledge is (but based on first impressions, my guess is there were/are probably no more than decent riders that call themselves "trainers).

The owner & barn manager knew upfront about how green my horse was and that it was only for roughly 5 weeks. No issues there.

So far everyone has been pretty nice, one of the "trainers" is a snotty B.itch, (she is not the manager or owner). Right from day one she has had a attitude with me. I tried to be pleasant to start with. Its pretty bad when even my 12 yr old daughter picks up on it first thing and says to me "Mom, Did you see the dirty looks she was giving you" (and I never said a word to her about this person). I just laughed it off to start with.

Well, now this so called "trainer" is just being obnoxious to me. She supposedly had a lesson scheduled for 4 pm, (I try to avoid lesson times as I like to lunge for a few minutes before I get on and they have a no lunging while people ride rule). No one was in the ring so at 4:20 when I go out with my horse for a quick lunge (I saw them tacking up so I knew they would be coming out in a few minutes). Doesn't she come out snotty as can be and tell me to quit lunging, They were not even at or near the door yet.

(on top of it these lesson schedules are a joke, they are never in the ring when they marked for those time slots. Some times its way early, other times it way late or they don't take the cancellations off, so its very difficult to not run into a lesson)

Now, I have no issue being accomadating to anyone, but for crying out loud, is it that diffcult to be polite when you talk to someone? All she needed to do is say they were coming out "nicely". Instead all she did was "p8ss me off".

I really just want to pull her aside and ask what the heck her problem is, but then again. Should I even care as I am only there for a short time anyways? Its just aggravating. (she is also about 20 younger than I am)

just a funny side note: My daughter told me she heard "the trainer" telling her young student that I was using a western saddle (its a Aussie saddle and its pretty obvious).

End rant! LOL

Jessabel 03-26-2010 12:41 PM

What's her problem? Has she even know you long enough to make that kind of judgment? I would discreetly take her aside and ask her why she's having such an issue with you.

justsambam08 03-26-2010 01:30 PM

-eyeroll- Good thing its only for five weeks, eh? Ignore her. Whatever her problem may be with you and your "western" saddle (honestly, they look like English saddles, idk HOW you could mess that up), just bite the bullet and turn the other way. Unless she really goes out of her way to just get under your skin, like random rumors or even trying to "train" your horse, there's no need to get feathers ruffled.

HayburnerHeights 03-26-2010 07:20 PM

for now I am going to just try to ignore her. If she gets snotty with me again though I will probably let her have it :evil:

The igornance is pretty bad, When I was there today, some of the things her other family members said just had me shaking my head. I am not sure if they have ever been out of a hunter arena!

in part of a converstation, I mentioned that my daughter was going to ride my horse too (English). The mom said " I thought she was just a "cowboy horse" I guess thats what I should expect when my Aussie saddle is a "Western saddle":-P

twh 03-26-2010 07:47 PM

If this person is getting so out of line, it might be an idea to have a word with the BO about it.

But, as you said, you're only going to be there for five weeks, so you can afford to roll your eyes and ignore her.

Chavez 03-26-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayburnerHeights (Post 586567)
I moved my 3 yr old horse to a stable with a indoor for 5 weeks, so I could get a early start riding her. Its supposed to be a low key, no drama stable and anyone can bring in their own "trainer" or use one of the "trainers" there.

Going forward in my rant I am using the term "trainer" loosely as I have no idea what their true knowledge is (but based on first impressions, my guess is there were/are probably no more than decent riders that call themselves "trainers).

The owner & barn manager knew upfront about how green my horse was and that it was only for roughly 5 weeks. No issues there.

So far everyone has been pretty nice, one of the "trainers" is a snotty B.itch, (she is not the manager or owner). Right from day one she has had a attitude with me. I tried to be pleasant to start with. Its pretty bad when even my 12 yr old daughter picks up on it first thing and says to me "Mom, Did you see the dirty looks she was giving you" (and I never said a word to her about this person). I just laughed it off to start with.

Well, now this so called "trainer" is just being obnoxious to me. She supposedly had a lesson scheduled for 4 pm, (I try to avoid lesson times as I like to lunge for a few minutes before I get on and they have a no lunging while people ride rule). No one was in the ring so at 4:20 when I go out with my horse for a quick lunge (I saw them tacking up so I knew they would be coming out in a few minutes). Doesn't she come out snotty as can be and tell me to quit lunging, They were not even at or near the door yet.

(on top of it these lesson schedules are a joke, they are never in the ring when they marked for those time slots. Some times its way early, other times it way late or they don't take the cancellations off, so its very difficult to not run into a lesson)

Now, I have no issue being accomadating to anyone, but for crying out loud, is it that diffcult to be polite when you talk to someone? All she needed to do is say they were coming out "nicely". Instead all she did was "p8ss me off".

I really just want to pull her aside and ask what the heck her problem is, but then again. Should I even care as I am only there for a short time anyways? Its just aggravating. (she is also about 20 younger than I am)

just a funny side note: My daughter told me she heard "the trainer" telling her young student that I was using a western saddle (its a Aussie saddle and its pretty obvious).

End rant! LOL

All i have too say is i just got home from surgery and we are watching the sabres...Lets go sabres we need to take these senators down lol...We had tickets to the game but had to have emergency surgery so they got sold..Sorry i saw your page and thought i say GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

gypsygirl 03-26-2010 08:07 PM

boarding barns can be so fun =D

a 'trainer' at my barn, flipped sh*t on another 'trainer' for complimenting her 6yo student & saying he looked like he was doing a good job steering...haha

HayburnerHeights 03-26-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chavez (Post 586955)
All i have too say is i just got home from surgery and we are watching the sabres...Lets go sabres we need to take these senators down lol...We had tickets to the game but had to have emergency surgery so they got sold..Sorry i saw your page and thought i say GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

We are watching the game too! :-P

I just hope the SABRES WIN!

Chavez 03-26-2010 08:59 PM

It not looking good...grrrr if i felt better i might yell at the tv lol

HayburnerHeights 03-26-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chavez (Post 586992)
It not looking good...grrrr if i felt better i might yell at the tv lol

I know what you mean! Why is it they struggle so bad when we play the Sens?