The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   My horse is quiet (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/my-horse-quiet-5111/)

Jojo 01-06-2008 03:06 PM

My horse is quiet

My horse doesn't make any noises. My mare, before she died, would whinny and call out when she saw me coming and when food was coming or another horse or something. But my colt never does. When he got out and ran over to some other horses he was snorting some.
I'm just confused. Is it bad that he doesn't make any noise? Is he depressed?

Vidaloco 01-06-2008 04:06 PM

My horse is really quiet too. The others in our herd all call to each other but mine rarely does. She is kind of a loner, she will go off and stand by herself and doesn't really seem to care if the other horses are there or not.

buckaroo2010 01-06-2008 04:38 PM

to my i think its just there different personalitys each horse has..the 6 horse in my pasture are all differnt my horse hollars when its time to eat but he seems to kknow when im goin to ride him first then he doesnt make an noise...i dont think its anything you should worry about...but i would get other poinions :)

tim 01-06-2008 05:23 PM

I'd say he's just a calm guy. You should feel thankful. Horses with a calm temperment aren't depressed, they're a blessing 8) .

buckaroo2010 01-06-2008 08:48 PM

Aint that the truth Tim!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vidaloco 01-07-2008 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tim
I'd say he's just a calm guy. You should feel thankful. Horses with a calm temperment aren't depressed, they're a blessing 8) .

Thats a fact! I can ride mine off away from the herd and never a whinney or a fight to get her away from them.

Jojo 01-07-2008 12:36 PM

That's why I'm so concerned. He's a very social horse and not calm at all. He gets very excited when I bring grain out, but he doesn't make any noise