The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Looking for an English bridle with clips (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/looking-english-bridle-clips-51117/)

BigGirlsRideWarmbloods 03-28-2010 09:35 AM

Looking for an English bridle with clips

Hello!
So I'm looking for a new bridle, specificaly an english bridle where the bit attached via clips instead of the traditional way of looped leather. I've only found the bridle style in one place, here: Hadfield Bridleworks Hadfield Jumper Bridle w/ Flash and Clips - Bridles & Bits from Equus Now!

However I would very much like to NOT spead $355.95

If this specific style called something and I'm searching by the wrong terms? Or do you know where I could buy a similar bridle online or who makes this style?

Thanks in advance!

kmacdougall 03-28-2010 04:52 PM

You could always buy the clips yourself and put them on :) Most tack shops sell those little clips, I've never put them on a bridle but I have put them on reins to change between laced & rubber reins quickly. They're very handy.

My Beau 03-28-2010 05:54 PM

You may have to order from England-
http://cotswoldsport.co.uk/shop/inde...roducts_id=212

eventerdrew 03-28-2010 06:24 PM

you can get cheek pieces that allow you to clip the bit on instead of getting a whole new bridle.

Cheekpieces, Clip Bridle - Quality Bridlework & Tack from Old Mill Saddlery

And I agree with the above post, looks like you'll have to import.

wild_spot 03-28-2010 06:48 PM

Just buy your own clips and buckle the cheek piece to the clip instead fo the bit. We've done it to a few PVC bridles because they are so stiff to undo.

luvs2ride1979 03-28-2010 10:29 PM

sstack.com has some, but they do not include a caveson.
Schneider Saddlery Bridles

You can put your own clips on a regular bridle, though that does extend the length of the cheek pieces.
Equine Supplies at Jeffers Equine: Horse Supply, Horse Supplies, Horse Vaccines, Discount Horse Supply, Discount Horse Supplies, Horse Product, Equine Product, Equine Supply, Horse Care Product, Tack Supplies, and Equestrian Supplies
or product id: IA-C5

Nutty Saddler 03-29-2010 01:06 PM

PM me I can make you one.

I'm not a fan of having clips on the reins as I find the noise distracting and I also don't think they are very safe as many people use normal trigger clips and not specifically made bridle clips.

Vidaloco 03-29-2010 01:45 PM

You can just get the clips and or some leather pieces here whenever possible I like to make my own alterations to tack
Tandy Leather Factory - Halter Snaps

NittanyEquestrian 03-29-2010 02:01 PM

Tory Leather makes one in multiple colors. I use mine all the time and I got a caveson made to match it. You can't tell that it's just a plain training headstall when I ad the extra stuff to it to make it show-able. Although I wouldn't show in it other than local shows and things if that's why you wanted one. I have this in a regular horse size and it's actually big enough for a warmblood/X-large head. As my QH has a large head and it's almost to the smallest notches for him because the snaps add length to the bridle. Tory Arabian Training Headstall - Statelinetack.com

ikle pickle 04-04-2010 02:16 PM

Hi hun, i am in the uk and make bespoke bridles so if nutty can not help and i can't i am sure i can find some one for you who may be able to help.:) If you send me a pm if you get stuck and then i will see what i can do hun. :) Hope you manage to get sorted.
Love ikle pickle xx