The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Bought a Mini mare at a sale-is she going to foal?! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/bought-mini-mare-sale-she-going-51167/)

Sullivan17 03-29-2010 12:58 AM

Bought a Mini mare at a sale-is she going to foal?!

Im new to Mini's and own two adorable mares.. I bought them at a horse auction yesterday.. Well to our surprise when we got them home last night the one mare rolled and her bag is full!!.. Well then today she rolled again and seems like it got bigger, and you can almost see it just standing away from her. I noticed she was acting a little weird also, I have only had them for a day so i don't really no there personalities or anything yet.. But she was kinda pacing, she would take a bite of hay- pace.. take another bite of hay- then pace. And she's been kinda moody too.

I thought maybe it was from being close to a stallion at the auction.. but im not sure.. She came from a breeder but they said she wasn't bred.. what do you think? I have someone at the barn checking in on her just to make sure.

thunderhooves 03-29-2010 01:04 AM

pregnant-maybe.
Rolling and not eating much -to me- sounds like colic. Get a vet out soon, and Good Luck! :)

ilovesonya 03-29-2010 09:18 AM

Get some pics of her a post them on here, that would help. If she was a broodmare, she could get have permenatley enlargged bags.
You should get a vet out if you are really concerned.
Posted via Mobile Device

paintluver 03-29-2010 10:10 AM

I would say get a vet out and make sure, I have heard of mares not eating much and rolling when they are in labor, but it could also be colic...

paintluver 03-29-2010 10:11 AM

I forgot to ask, is there any wax on her bag at all, is anything dripping?

paintluver 04-05-2010 04:22 PM

Anything yet?