The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Mandy... MARE STARE! I think she's about to go! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/mandy-mare-stare-i-think-shes-51188/)

westonsma 03-29-2010 12:23 PM

Mandy... MARE STARE! I think she's about to go!

I can't tell how the alerts work, but I just called to let the lady know, she's laying down and definitely contracting, for all you who want to watch!

Unbridled Animal Rescue Cam 1

westonsma 03-29-2010 12:30 PM

Oh geez. Mares.

She just got up.
UGH.

ALottaTrot 03-29-2010 12:38 PM

Oye vey! Just foal already!!!

welshies rule 03-29-2010 12:38 PM

how long can they let her go over due?

NittanyEquestrian 03-29-2010 12:54 PM

That's a nice big stall!

ShutUpJoe 03-29-2010 04:39 PM

I was watching her last night. You know I clicked on all my watchers on my list and 3 of them had foaled right before I clicked on them : (. One of them was really odd. There were 5 people in the stall with the mare and the foal. They were all over the foal and looked like they were wrestling with it. Then the foal laid down on the ladies lap because he was so exhausted and she kept tucking his legs in because the stall was so small and there were so many people in there that the mare had no choice but step over the girl with the foal on her lap. It was so....odd I had to turn it off.

Indyhorse 03-29-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutUpJoe (Post 589016)
I was watching her last night. You know I clicked on all my watchers on my list and 3 of them had foaled right before I clicked on them : (. One of them was really odd. There were 5 people in the stall with the mare and the foal. They were all over the foal and looked like they were wrestling with it. Then the foal laid down on the ladies lap because he was so exhausted and she kept tucking his legs in because the stall was so small and there were so many people in there that the mare had no choice but step over the girl with the foal on her lap. It was so....odd I had to turn it off.

That's irritating, isn't it? I get the point behind imprinting, sure, but goodness me give the mama and baby some bonding time too!

Welshie's, I'm not sure but I don't think Mandy is technically "overdue" yet - she's just taking a long time. I can sure sympathize with the impatience though, I've been watching her for like, over a month!

welshies rule 03-29-2010 06:53 PM

lol sorry i just wana see the foalie!!!!

WhiskeyGirl 03-29-2010 06:59 PM

how do u do the watchers list?

welshies rule 03-29-2010 07:02 PM

umm dunno x