The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Protection (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/)
-   -   Horse Slaughter (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/horse-slaughter-51203/)

PechosGoldenChance 03-29-2010 04:34 PM

Horse Slaughter

Hey ya'll! I'm doing a final project for my composition class and we had to choose a topic with a good argument so what better to choose than horse slaughtering. Thats what my topic is. I was wondering, if anyone has an information or can find any articles...that would be just AWESOME!!!
thanks so much guys!

Brighteyes 03-31-2010 11:10 PM

Sounds fun. :D

I recommend searching "horse slaughter" in the forum search engine and looking back at all of our old discussions. Lots of good information on both sides.

Speaking of both sides, make sure you look at both sides of the debate! Horse slaughter articles are sometimes biased like crazy!

wild_spot 03-31-2010 11:52 PM

^ I love your siggy Brighteyes :]

Pechos, the two articles I posted in the other thread are fairly good, and unbiased.

Brighteyes 04-01-2010 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild_spot (Post 592082)
^ I love your siggy Brighteyes :]

Pechos, the two articles I posted in the other thread are fairly good, and unbiased.

Thanks, Wild Spot! It was one of the nursery rhymes in a book I found recently and I thought it was cute. :D

Snapple122 04-03-2010 03:47 AM

Is it really nessesary to have another thread about this? Isn't there a recent thread about virtually the same thing?

kevinshorses 04-03-2010 08:37 AM

Range magazine is a quarterly publication that focuses on the political side of rural life among other things but this quarter(spring) there are a couple of articles about horse slaughter and feral horses (mustangs). While certainly not unbiased they are well written and backed up with evidence and sources are cited.

Home on the RANGE

iridehorses 04-03-2010 09:29 AM

Excellent article. I find it interesting, and very irritating, that the anti-slaughter advocates are usually urbanites who have no idea about ranch life and little or no knowledge of their economics.

Even if the horse was to be considered "pet" and not "livestock", the SPCAs "slaughter" unwanted pets daily and there is no uproar over that.

alli09 04-03-2010 04:13 PM

try facebooks cloud the stallions stuff. They focus on the round up of wild horses for slaughter.

Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

alli09 04-03-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iridehorses (Post 594133)
Excellent article. I find it interesting, and very irritating, that the anti-slaughter advocates are usually urbanites who have no idea about ranch life and little or no knowledge of their economics.

Even if the horse was to be considered "pet" and not "livestock", the SPCAs "slaughter" unwanted pets daily and there is no uproar over that.

I don't want to start a debate on here, but there is a fine line between slaughter and euthanasia.

iridehorses 04-03-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alli09 (Post 594306)
I don't want to start a debate on here, but there is a fine line between slaughter and euthanasia.

A humane death is death no matter how it is delivered. Unfortunately the use of the word "slaughter" gives the wrong impression, even if it is sometimes deserved. In talking to my vet, he's told me of horror stories of vet administrated euthanasia that when terribly wrong.