The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Member Journals (http://www.horseforum.com/member-journals/)
-   -   Kicks, bites, and love<3 (http://www.horseforum.com/member-journals/kicks-bites-love-3-a-51279/)

Sunny 03-30-2010 12:38 PM

Kicks, bites, and love<3

Kicks, bites, and love<3
Progress journal, by Sunny

Tuesday, March 30, 2010
No going to the barn today, pretty bogus.
I went yesterday and Sunny got a good grooming to make do until tomorrow's bath. :twisted:
She was a sweetheart, as usual, and did the best job of picking up her feet, ever.
I couldn't be more proud.
:)

Sunny 04-01-2010 10:56 PM

Thursday, April 1, 2010 Happy birthday to Sunbun! She's two, going on twenty-five. I've had her for four months, now. Time has flown like I would have never believed. Since i'm at home with nothing to do, i'll tell the story of how I came to be the lucky partner of Sunny. I bought Sunny in December, not too long after I sold my Arab mare (she wanted barrels, I wanted jumping). I decided that I wanted a youngster who I could train my way and not have to fix other's mistakes. I began to look for someone who would make a nice hunter, and that's when I ran across "Sunkist", a registered 20 month old TB filly. I bought her for the jaw-dropping price of $500. She was on clearance because of a scar on her chest. Although she was less than well behaved when she came home (almost killed my step-dad coming out of the trailer) she has since become one of the most solid-headed horses i've ever met. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Sunny 04-02-2010 03:44 PM

Friday, April 2, 2010
I'm about to go to the barn, Sunny needs a good grooming. I'm hoping the swelling in her pastern has gone down, it's still got me a bit worried.
But, hey, what are we horse owners for?

Sunny 04-05-2010 09:32 PM

Monday, April 5, 2010 The boyfriend and I went to the barn yesterday, and he helped me drench Sunbun's mane and tail in baby oil. XD I was determined to get her mane braided to train it to lay on one side. After she got a good grooming I saddled and bridled her and walked her around a bit. She did great, as always. The downer of the day was when I noticed that Sunny is flaring on her right fore, and the farrier isn't due for weeks. Guess I gotta make an early call.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sunny 04-06-2010 12:35 PM

Tuesday, April 6, 2010
I am so ready to go to the barn! :)
I plan on riding Sis today, then working with Sunny on the lunge.
Maybe we'll make some progress, this lunging is taking so long. Haha.
But patience is worth gold, right? Especially with our lovely equines.
Wish me luck riding today, i'm probably gonna go bareback. :)

Sunny 04-11-2010 10:09 AM

Sunday, April 11, 2010 I'm about to go to the barn for the morning feed, it's only Sunny and Dixie at the barn-my aunt and uncle took Lex and Sista on a trip to the mountains. It's alot easier to only have to herd 2 horses in their stalls. XP I'm probably gonna take Sunny's braids out, they've been in for a week. Haha. I'll probably try to ride Dixie since she apparently doesn't have any physical problems. I think i'll set up some low grids and work her on them. Wish me luck! :]
Posted via Mobile Device

icyhorse 04-11-2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunny (Post 601651)
Sunday, April 11, 2010 I'm about to go to the barn for the morning feed, it's only Sunny and Dixie at the barn-my aunt and uncle took Lex and Sista on a trip to the mountains. It's alot easier to only have to herd 2 horses in their stalls. XP I'm probably gonna take Sunny's braids out, they've been in for a week. Haha. I'll probably try to ride Dixie since she apparently doesn't have any physical problems. I think i'll set up some low grids and work her on them. Wish me luck! :]
Posted via Mobile Device

I have send you a private messege :)

Sunny 04-20-2010 08:21 PM

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 Went to the barn today and re-did Sunny's braids! I cut her mane Sunday, and then pulled a bit. I'm gonna pull the rest of it sometime soon, once it all lays on one side. I'm gonna get it about 3-4 inches to do hunter braids. She did good when I pulled a bit close to her withers, and it was both her and my first time pulling/being pulled. So proud of my little girl. :]
Posted via Mobile Device

Sunny 04-25-2010 06:15 PM

Sunday, April 25, 2010 I just got back from the barn. I rode Dixie a couple miles, she did very good. :]] I redid Sunbun's braids, and she was great! I am soooooooo ready for the tack store to open so I can get her bit! I am so ready to start backing her, and even more ready to take her to the shows! :]
Posted via Mobile Device

Sunny 05-06-2010 07:40 PM

Thursday, May 6, 2010 The farrier comes tomorrow, Thank God! She is flaring so bad, I hate that she's just now getting them done. I am so ready for my birthday so I can get my saddle and start backing Sunbun. I'm so excited! :D
Posted via Mobile Device