The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   131 Animals Siezed. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/131-animals-siezed-51335/)

WSArabians 03-31-2010 12:54 AM

131 Animals Siezed.

131 Animals. 73 horses, 53 cats, and 5 dogs.
This is just.. I don't even KNOW what to say, except I can't believe some of the arguments I've seen posted from the owner/friends. Because there isn't ANY excuse.
If anyone is around the Aurora NY area and have space and time, they are probably still looking for help placing these Morgans. Wish I were closer.

wgrz.com | Buffalo, NY | Erie County SPCA Seizes Horses Cats And Dogs

charlicata 03-31-2010 01:03 AM

That is horrible!!! I wish I lived closer, I'd take a couple of them myself.

PaintsPwn 03-31-2010 01:18 AM

W.....T......F???

People are INSANE!

aneternalflame 03-31-2010 01:21 AM

Sad thing is, she has some pretty big-name Morgans.
Just goes to show, even people who HAVE the super-expensive horses can go over the top.
Just so you all know, the horses are at an undisclosed location in Niagra. Not sure if any one new will be allowed to assist due to that.
Anyways, it's ridiculous.
The economy is bad enough with 3 Morgans.
I can't even imagine adding 70 to that.

WSArabians 03-31-2010 02:56 AM

Isn't it? I'm not sure how one person thought they could handle the care and uptake of 73 horses.

She had some gorgeous horses. At least their prognosis is good.
We've got three awesome Morgan mares as well. Amazing Arabian broodmares.
No breeding this year, cutting the stallion. THe 13 I have is TONS, I couldn't imagine... It's not even POSSIBLE to properly care for that many horses.
It's too bad when money gets in the eyes of everyone. :(

jcfarms 03-31-2010 03:25 AM

omg those poor horses how can anyone mistreat an animal like that
to know that there is people out there like that is disturbing and they are every where is the sad thing about it not just with horses but with all animals it is just sad

WSArabians 03-31-2010 03:34 AM

Animals AND children yet, JC. It's very sad. It's sad, scary, and down right distrubing how lost and illogical the human mind can get.

ohmyitschelle 03-31-2010 04:14 AM

It seems to be everywhere I turn. 32 horses were just removed from a property in far worse conditions than all of those horses in the videos here in NZ. It's sad how common neglect is becoming to these majestic animals.

aneternalflame 03-31-2010 05:33 AM

If anyone hears anything about Regal Charade being for sale (one of the horses) please let me know.
I've loved him since he was born. He reminds me of Nocturnal Flash.
It makes me angry that while she drives a hummer and all that, she couldn't feed and care for her horses or hire some help.