The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Help me horse hunt :) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/help-me-horse-hunt-51337/)

Gidji 03-31-2010 01:03 AM

Help me horse hunt :)

So as some of you may or may not know, I'm selling Ricky. I just don't have the time, commitment or interest to break him in. So he's for sale and I'm on the look out for a nice all rounder horse.

Now I know you guys are expert horse hunters :)(: So do you think you guys could help me?
I'm trying to get back into english showing, so I want something with some experience under its belt. So here's my criteria....

Height-Above 15 hands, preferably below 16 hands. I would consider a pony/galloway above 14 hands if it was more of a hunter build, not a hack build.
Discipline-A little bit of everything, but preferably more dressage/showing. Would also consider ASH showing trained.
Temperament-Quiet, trust-worthy safe. I've had some pretty bad experiences english showing so I'm looking for something that will take me far, has the experience, but is also safe.
Age-Nothing over 16 please.
Breed-Not too fussy on breed at the moment. Registered horses will be preferred more, due to breed shows/classes.
Colour-Once again, colour plays no part in my decision.
Budget-Now here comes the deal killer, nothing over $5000. My brother had his leg shattered in a car accident recently and our price range has dropped dramatically. Anything with tack included or with the option to pay off in installments would be great.

Just so everyone knows, I'm in Australia, so don't go crazy looking on HorseTopia etc. :):)

Thanks guys.

EventersBabe 03-31-2010 01:05 AM

Hey give me a few minutes I am gonna go get me some food then I will be back to help you look :) How long you gonna be up?

Gidji 03-31-2010 01:11 AM

Its only 3:11pm in Australia at the moment, so I'll be on for about an hour more. Thanks :)

EventersBabe 03-31-2010 01:13 AM

what part of australiia

Gidji 03-31-2010 01:18 AM

NSW, location isn't too much of a factor, as I'm paying for shipping, parents are paying for the horse.

EventersBabe 03-31-2010 01:21 AM

So anywere in Austrailia? Or iin the US?

Gidji 03-31-2010 01:23 AM

Anywhere in Australia. Nothing overseas, thanks :)

EventersBabe 03-31-2010 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gidji (Post 590911)
Anywhere in Australia. Nothing overseas, thanks :)

Ok.. will do

Carleen 03-31-2010 02:26 AM

Ooh, I'll let you know if I see anything too!

Gidji 03-31-2010 03:48 AM

Thanks for the help, guys. :):) Have you found anything yet?