The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   never had so much pain. (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/never-had-so-much-pain-51355/)

Snapple122 03-31-2010 07:32 AM

never had so much pain.

Hi all.

Well, it is 5:30 am right now, and I have not slept tonight. I have been in the most excrutiating pain for the past 4 hours. Every 1 or 2 minutes I get the sharpest pain shooting through the top left side of my gum. It is so intense that it radiates through my head at some points. It will not go away, I have taken 4 advil. I feel like crying I am so frustrated and in pain. I just want to go to sleep ut every time I lay down I have to get up and do something because it hurts too much. It feels like someone is digging a knife into my gum. It makes my leg twitch, it hurts so much.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have no orajel or anything. I need to see a dentist ASAP.

Sorry. I just needed to vent... I am in a lot of pain at the moment.

Mingiz 03-31-2010 08:18 AM

Is it a tooth ache or something else. If not a tooth ache I would be going to ER to be on the safe side...:-|

TaMMa89 03-31-2010 09:29 AM

If that's really so painful it have to be totally crippling. Do you have emergency dentists there?

Also I'd suggest you to go ER so you can be sure anyways. Perhaps they can give some more effective pain stuff to you.

Tell us how it finally turned out.

farmpony84 03-31-2010 09:35 AM

if it makes your leg twitch it sounds like a nerve may be involved. Go to the dentist (if you walk in, even without an appointment and say you are in pain - the have to see you). The dentist may send you to the ER if it turns out to be sinus related....

My2Geldings 03-31-2010 09:38 AM

Well I work in the emergency department, and what we usually do is make sure it's a dental issue, give you some anti-biotics and very strong pain killers to last you a couple days until you see your dentist.

I don't know what your local time is, but would definitely as you already posted above, call your dentist and go to emerg to at least get anti-biotics going(if its a broken or cracked tooth), and something for pain management.

Good luck sweetie. Nothing's worst than tooth aches so I cant imagine what you're going through.

mls 03-31-2010 10:35 AM

Until you can get in to see someone - have you tried hot or cold to see if it eases the pain?

Mercedes 03-31-2010 10:44 AM

Ah, so sorry. I know that kind pain...had to have a root canal last year...same deal and the only thing that helped was the oraljel.

Let us know what it is when you can.